Lincoln Ac/Dc 225 breaker size

/ Lincoln Ac/Dc 225 breaker size #21  
"12/3 power cord with a 20 amp plug on it" -

Does that cord look ORIGINAL ??!? Seems kind of odd that the factory info you posted calls for at least #10 wire... Steve

And yeah, with care (and smaller rod) you can do a lot with a dryer outlet...

/ Lincoln Ac/Dc 225 breaker size #22  
Thanks LD1 but I think i will keep it! might even try it out this weekend :) worst it will do is pop the 20 amp breaker I stupidly installed.

Get yourself some 7014 rods, they're a drag type of rod. You don't need to do any fancy weaving of the rod for flat work. Just strike and drag.
They have sufficient penetration and are easy to make a good looking bead.
I tend to run them at or slightly above maximum recommended amperage on my AC/DC LINCOLN buzz box.

/ Lincoln Ac/Dc 225 breaker size #23  
I like 7014 too for an AC only machine. Does indeed lay a pretty bead.

But with an AC/DC machine, 7018 would be my choice, run on DC of course :thumbsup:

/ Lincoln Ac/Dc 225 breaker size #24  
Being one of those guys who can do anything except figure the wizardry of the invisible force's numbers I just head to the local electric shop when I put in something big like this. I draw it up on a paper showing the lengths and what I will be doing then have em square me away. Beyond the cypherin electric is simple and clean to work on.
When mine Tombstone went in I was unfortunate enough to have the outlet at the mouth of the garage which happened to be way at the opposite end of the house from the box. I did that in 97 and would hate to have to buy that copper today. Another thing I did was rig up my generator to a plug to fit the welders outlet. That way i can put the generator outside the garage and power the whole house (carefully) with my portable generator when the power goes out.
You gotta love that tombstone. It will do anything but light sheet ( forget about welding panels on car body ect unless you use a backer) but will weld a bridge if you need to. The big draw back is the short leads they come with. If you have the extensions I highly recommend them so you can get some distance from the plug, it really comes in handy. If yours is a CL Special I highly recommend taking the back off and cleaning it out or at least blowing a lot of hi pressure air back there to clean it out. After 10 years mine was full of dust bunnies.