Mowing linked pedal question

/ linked pedal question
I think the momentary "safe mode" feature is to protect the tractor, not us. :)

Some of the functions that were controlled mechanically on older tractors are now "fly by wire" on the more heavily computer-controlled machines. So, for example, when you switch between the forward and reverse pedals, there will be a slight delay in response. It's quite slight but noticeable if you're used to a mechanical linkage, as I was, especially doing quick loader work. On your NX, there is a knob on the panel to the right of your seat to adjust the speed of HST pedal response. But even dialed to the fastest setting, there will be a slight delay.

As for disabling the "safe mode" delay when you hit both forward and reverse simultaneously, I'm certain that's not an option. You're right, with heavy boots in the winter, it's easier to misjudge and hit both pedals at once when you're hurrying or tired. But since I became aware of that 2-1/2 yrs ago, it hasn't happened to me again.

This is what was explained to me today by the dealership. Apparently, this "feature" was not on my old DK, which explains why my mechanical pedals were so much more responsive. Can't say as I had any problems in the 1000 hours with it. The dealer called this thing a name, something pedonometer or whatever. Anyway, they said there is no way for me to bypass it and keep the warranty. The service guy didn't think it could be bypassed. I am sure once it is out of warranty a solution will come up, as there are plenty of people who write code for a living and others who do autmomechanics for a living.

This really is a large drawback to owning this machine for me. When I am doing loader work I am hammering those pedals back and forth loading and dumping.

/ linked pedal question
on a side note, my zero turn goes forward and backwards rapidly with no issues. My last tractor did the same. Maybe it has something to do with their gears/transmissions and warranty work.

/ linked pedal question #23  
How is your HST response set? Dial in the lower center of all the pushbuttons under the plastic cover to your right. To the left is slow, to the right is fast. Will control the responsiveness of the pedal inputs - how fast they feel like they're reacting to your foot. Also how smoothly you start or how it grabs to stop when you let off pedal. Set at center or to left on dial kind of sounds like the behavior you're talking about with pedal feel?

For the jerky feeling with HST pedal not "floored" this is what I got from dealer when I described problem (as poorly as I did above). Seems they knew immediately what the issue was....

"I called Kioti after I got your email. If it continues to do it I need to check the pedal calibration and a few other things, if those are good I need to preform a program update

They did a program update and made some changes to the TCU around your serial number. Tech support thinks that yours may have not gotten the update at the factory and needs the update done on the TCU. Your description fits what they have seen on a few units that slipped past the update at the factory."

Maybe that info will be helpful to your dealer.

/ linked pedal question #24  
Go to the dealer and drive one of their new machines to see if there's any difference.

/ linked pedal question
Go to the dealer and drive one of their new machines to see if there's any difference.

One of my problems I had while looking for a new tractor was that no one I went to had any in stock, Kubota or Kioti. When I did order mine, it still took like about a month or so to get it in. I did see some mihindras and a yanmar on a lot, but only one yanmar in my size and the mahindra was open station. Tractor business must be booming in my area. I called around to dealers an hour + away and they all were like we don't have any on the lot. I don't know if they didn't order a lot to reduce on site inventory and cost, and then got caught with their pants down, or if they are selling them like hotcakes.

/ linked pedal question #26  
CMV: I know this is somewhat of an old thread, but I have had a similar issue and came across your posts. Did you end up having the dealer fix the issue? Was it resolved completely as far as you can tell? Did the tractor have to be taken to the dealer? Reasons I ask, I purchased my tractor 2 states away, still brand new off the lot. There is a dealer about 45 minutes away that I could use for service.

/ linked pedal question #27  
CMV: I just read another post from someone else on the "no stall" switch may be part of the issue. I am 99% sure I had that on when I have noticed the issue. Going to test that out as a culprit next chance I get.

/ linked pedal question #28  
I have not. Waiting until when I can have 0 tractor projects and 0 potential tractor projects for dealer to pick it up. Just in case it turns out needing a while to sort out, parts have to be ordered, whatever, I wanted to wait and not have to put mowing or other projects on hold in case it takes more than a few days. He said it won't hurt anything to run this way, just annoying when it happens. So as long as I'm not doing any harm, just leaving it be for now rather than not have machine if I want it for something.

/ linked pedal question #29  
Yeah, as long as you've made your dealer aware of the issue it's basically been documented (why I like to correspond via e-mail as it gives me a trail).

I recently went through this with my rear axle leak. They told me to just bring in the tractor when I could: at the time I had to use it to complete the construction of my woodshed. Dealer had my tractor for 5 weeks. I am fortunate in that most of my projects were completed, AND that I have my Kubota.

/ linked pedal question #30  
Also, depending on what you're doing, probably isn't "no stall". I only say that because when no-stall takes over, you feel it and it's the opposite of a "jerky surge" feeling. Kinda like the machine goes limp for a second, all the inputs are numb, then it recovers. The only way I can get it to do it is pushing into a big dirt/gravel pile from the bottom at lower rpm using linked pedal at same time. Although I never tried it bush hogging, just from times I did get into tall/thick/wet enough grass to slow the bush hog/tractor down a little it was nowhere near as much of a bog down as pushing into a pile that would make no-stall react. But the two behaviors - intermittent jerky feeling with HST pedal almost all the way down vs no-stall intervening - feel pretty different from the seat.