Linux PC builders, a new build

/ Linux PC builders, a new build #23  
The eye opener with Lunix is that you can make what ever interface and package of apps you want. And if its under the size of a DVD, you can make an image of the system, and install it on what ever you want and as many as you want. Even that barrier is being broken with large thumb drives these days. The transfer rates on USB 3 are so high that "computer on a stick," is a real thing now. Or should I say, your environment on a host, can be what ever you want to run live. And can be as small as a micro SD chip. Its almost too small now for me. Loose the SD chip, which is smaller than the nail on your pinkie finger and you loose your environment/computer. We tried to sell configured Linux systems this way, but people just didn't get it. Some even complained that the Mirco SD had "stuff" on it already, and that we shouldn't be selling Micro SDs with "stuff" on them. Even if clearly we were selling an entire Linux OSs with Apps to go along with the white boxes. :) The public has been so trained that ALL software can only come from MS, and be restricted, that they CAN'T imagine there is a different and completely legal alternative. Linux has gone so far in the last 7 years, that people should look at it again, in the Mint and Zorin, and POP Distros to form an opinion. All of these have a LIVE version that doesn't change any thing in your computer, so you can check them out. Just know these run a little slower then installed versions. I still love Puppy for any recovery work on an MS machine.
And if you are still running W7 or earlier, I can from a professional viewpoint, tell you that I can crack all the admin passwords of all the accounts in your computer in about 20 minutes using freely available tools. We actually stopped calling people back in a repair if they didn't provide a password. They wouldn't have remembered it any way. It was easier to crack it, and then tell them what the password was. Can't do that in Linux or OSX. :)

Last edited:
   / Linux PC builders, a new build
Some things I learned
The Asus ROG STRIX Z690E works flawlessly with Linux. There's a CD that comes with it that has ISOLINUX and a LINUX directories. The only thing it tells you to do is use the latest kernel.
You can't use DDR4 gotta have DDR5. Glad I didn't order the 4 being a cheapskate.
It's unbelievably fast. I am migrating data and it loads that 64 GIG of Corsair Dominator DDR5 and dumps it where I want it like lightening.
I did go with 3 terrabytes of Gen 4 M ssd drives. Those itty bitty things don't look like they can hold a terrabyte but they do. I got the Crucial P5 Plus 1TB PCIe 4.0 3D NAND NVMe M.2 Gaming SSD. But you can mix and match the little SSDs E.G. different brands and different speeds.
The Dell S2721QS monitor and Nvidia/ASUS PH-GTX1050TI-4G graphics card work perfectly no fussing with drivers.
The Kraken RL KR X53 was a no brainer
Corsair 750Watt is plenty big enough even though the MoBo has two headers you gotta use. I sippose if one is an RGB nut and wants 80 fans it might need the 850 watt.
The older style Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis with Window Cases PH-ES614P_BK tucks everything in with plenty of room for more, a Great case in it's prime it sold for a hell of a lot more than the $140 I paid. I think it was $600 in 2016.
The onboard WI FI Works flawlessly
Pics later

Last edited: