Linux PC builders, a new build

/ Linux PC builders, a new build #12  
Drauger?

/ Linux PC builders, a new build #16  
Ignore him, he's just grumpy because I made fun of him for posting his own mythology. He prolly even believes it.
LoL...killing the messenger won't solve yer problem...!

/ Linux PC builders, a new build #18  
So that's what you use or do you have a good suggestion?
I have a couple of older local servers (running Gentoo)...no need for a GUI...other remote servers are either UNIX or Red Hat /Apache

As for a suggestion...for a desktop system there are several worthy distributions available with either of the most popular user interfaces...
...One distro in particular (Debian based) is 'Knoppix'...what makes this flavor special is it has the ability to allow the user to customize the desktop/programs etc., etc...then create an ISO image of the installation that is bootable...
Burn the ISO to a CD* or DVD *...now you have a "live (bootable)CD/DVD" that you can take anywhere...on just about any computer with a laser disk drive...boot to the CD/DVD and you basically have your home desktop computer anywhere on the fly...Including saved docs, e-mails, Internet bookmarks etc., etc...
**....by using a simple tool like 'Rufus' (disk image converter) you can move the image to a USB flash drive or SD card...!

/ Linux PC builders, a new build
waitin' fer da case and da memory I hope it's got a lot of rigibiility
20220826_125911.jpg

/ Linux PC builders, a new build #20  
I had a technology professor who would frequently pitch the refrain that "pioneers get scalped."
I always thought there was cutting edge technology and bleeding edge technology right in front of it. I worked 27 years on the cutting and bleeding edge.
Now that I've been retired for 10 years I've cut back to the scab edge, where the bleeding edge has hardened and started to heal.