Liquid Fertilizer application

/ Liquid Fertilizer application #22  
Ok i misread it. A 418# pound recommendation of 32-0-0 would give you 137 units or actual pounds of nitrigen. Plus you got some nitrogen with your 18-46-0. I waa thinkining wrong. Good luck. You should make a good yield.

/ Liquid Fertilizer application #23  
I would do away with the press wheels. Just leave it open. You wont lose hardly any of your N-sol to evaporation. We used two rigs to apply iiquid fert. One with knife openers for conventional tillage applications and another that just drags the hoses on the ground in no-till conditiins.

Don't worry about evaporization . They blow it on with floaters up here and plant .I do not understand the double openers .You need single coulter and a knife , or hose to drop it . Okay you are using a drill , forgot that .

There is plenty of research to show just how much N is lost to Volatization, its significant.
although it can be limited with the use of a product such as Agrotain.

/ Liquid Fertilizer application #24  
Some sources of N are worse than others. N-sol, Ammonia nitrate, and Ammonia sulfate are not very volitile. However Anhydrous ammonia and urea (in warm weather) are very succeptible to loss. Long story short, 32-0-0 aka N-sol, losses are minimal.

/ Liquid Fertilizer application #25  
Some sources of N are worse than others. N-sol, Ammonia nitrate, and Ammonia sulfate are not very volitile. However Anhydrous ammonia and urea (in warm weather) are very succeptible to loss. Long story short, 32-0-0 aka N-sol, losses are minimal.

you are correct that AN(Ammonium Nitrate) is not volatile, but UAN(Urea Ammonium Nitrate Solution) 28-0-0 or 32-0-0 are 50% Urea which does Volatize. and surface application in hot dry weather can cause significant loss. i was a custom applicator for 10 years and surface applied hundreds of thousands if not millions of gallons of UAN, as long as you understand the factors that cause volatization you can mitigate your risk. in fact UAN or Urea Surface applied to low PH, dry soils with at least an inch of rain within 2 days will see virtually no loss. but apply it to damp, high PH soil with no rain and high temps for 21 days and you can see serious losses eg. 30-50%