Load in Truck vs Load on Trailer

/ Load in Truck vs Load on Trailer #11  
It will actually put less weight on the rear and put weight on the front axle.

True that, Duff. It's really a matter of using the axle for support and not as a fulcrum.:p

/ Load in Truck vs Load on Trailer #12  
Guess I must be to cautious or the Odd Ball again but I don't like pulling loaded hitch type trailers with an empty pick-up. To much chance of jack knife situation if you need to brake hard or fish tailing if not loaded properly.
My thought as well. I rented one of those Iveco trucks (vans actually) with a 5th wheel, to pick up two tractors i bought. Even with no load at all, the 176hp was enough to make it drift around the corner, on a rainy day.
With a pickup with a big heavy motor in front, and a lot more hp, the situation wont be much different i suppose.

/ Load in Truck vs Load on Trailer #13  
We're talking 5000 lbs here, with a 1 ton truck. Any cheap bumper pull car hauler would work fine and safely.

/ Load in Truck vs Load on Trailer #14  
I think its just easier with trailer. When loaded right, the bed of truck doesn't squat as much if you use a trailer only. Having 2 k or more in bed of truck just makes it squirrelly driving IMHO. If i knew I need the truck for something after getting stuff, its easier to drop trailer at home and go. It;s always nice to be able to handle things later at more convenience time.

/ Load in Truck vs Load on Trailer #15  
I'd be leaning toward a bumper pull car/equipment hauler type also.

/ Load in Truck vs Load on Trailer #16  
I would put the load on a trailer if it were me. I personally like the low boy car hauler style. Yes, there are fenders to deal with but its not a issue if you know what you are doing. When I go to get palleted material I take a 10' 4x4 with me. They set the pallet on with a fork lift, back up, I put the 4x4 between the pallet and the fork truck and they drive forward pushing it up. When I am ready to unload at my place I use my forks on my tractor to just pick up the 2 rear most pallets. The front 2 I simply hook a chain to and drag back before picking them up.

I only haul pallets 1 or 2 times a year but haul cars and tractors about 20 times a year. I prefer the low boy for these operations since that is what I do 90% of the time.

I had a 25' GN. It was just too big for me. Pain to climb up on for loose items like lumber. Also hated not having my bed for other stuff when pulling it.

Chris

With DP on this...On the trailer is much better.

/ Load in Truck vs Load on Trailer #19  
I would agree with the majority here.
I own a 16' twin axle car/equipment trailer, and a 30' gooseneck. If I'm hauling something, if I can fit it on the 16' that's what I'm using. Anything more, onto the gooseneck.
Loading everything on the trailer would be much easier loading/unloading IMO. Just balance the load to put some weight on the hitch.
While goosenecks are great, I would think a bit overkill for your situation, and more $$$ to purchase.

Good luck!