Tires Loaded tires

/ Loaded tires #1  

cat fever

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620PS
I have a question about loading the tires on my tractor. I understand the benefit for loader purposes; my question is will the tractor act differently at higher speeds like moving from one field to another, and will it be more or less stable turning while going at higher speeds?
Thanks I look forward to the replies.

/ Loaded tires #2  
unless your tractor will do 50 mph you won't know the difference

/ Loaded tires #3  
It does ride worse, but it is well worth the downside.

/ Loaded tires
Thank you both. For the most part I will be staying in my own field, but sometimes I go to a gravel pit just a mile away. I was not sure if it would feel like a tire out of balance.

/ Loaded tires #5  
Properly filled you will never notice any negative differences and the added weight will increase stability and traction. I would suggest that you use any of the many fluid types available - other than a salt solution.

/ Loaded tires
Properly filled you will never notice any negative differences and the added weight will increase stability and traction. I would suggest that you use any of the many fluid types available - other than a salt solution.

That's what I want to hear. I plan to use Rim Guard. Thanks...

Is is worth filling the front tires also?

/ Loaded tires #7  
I've driven mine about 14 miles round trip to rototilla field for a good friend of mine. My rears are full of rimgaurd and it was absolutely no problem. I certainly wouldn't worry about 1 mile at top speed.

Is is worth filling the front tires also?

That's a heavily debated subject right there. You certainly don't gain as much traction as when you fill the rears, because the volume in the fronts is much less. Furthermore, you don't really gain any stability since the fronts pivot anyway. The "for it" camp says you get extra weight to counter weight that's on the three point hitch without putting extra stress on the front axle (since the weight isn't being carried by the axle). The "against it" camp says that the extra weight puts stress on the kingpin assembly, which isn't necessarily designed to lift an axle that heavy (like when you lift the front wheels by pushing the loader bucket down). They also say that it puts extra stress up front when steering. Kubota advises against it in my owners manual for whatever that's worth. The New Holland I just bought has filled fronts and rears. I can't say as I've noticed any benefit, but I've also pretty much only used it for clearing snow with a back blade so far.

/ Loaded tires #8  
If extra front weight is needed to offset something heavy on the 3PH then I would fill the fronts. But I wouldnt do it for the reasons of increased traction. Just not enough there to make a difference. Fluid in the fronts is cheaper than buying suitcase weights.

/ Loaded tires #9  
I can't see any reason to load the fronts;you load the rears to take weight "off" the front.

/ Loaded tires #10  
I can't see any reason to load the fronts;you load the rears to take weight "off" the front.

Mmmmm.... Not sure about that. You load the rears for stability, and traction. You hang weight on the three point to take weight off the front axle. I can't see how adding weight to the rear tires achieves that.