Tires Loaded tires

/ Loaded tires #11  
Filling the tires takes nothing off the front. And if anything, allows you to load the front EVEN HEAVIER.

With nothing in the tires and nothing on the 3ph, the MOST the front will see is total weight of machine +whatever the FEL will lift before rears leave the ground.

With loaded tires, you now have a heavier machine, AND can lift more before the rears lift. So the additional you can lift+the added weight of the fluid is all on the front, which is alot more than before.

Actually, there is no load combination that rear fliud lessens the weight on the front. Only way to do that is something being the rear axle.

/ Loaded tires
Thanks all,
I think I will just fill the rears and call it good.

/ Loaded tires #13  
This is a subject that I have definite opinions on. The only time I put my rear three point hitch weights on is when I'm doing front end loader work that requires the stability. My front wheel assist tractor doesn't need any weight added for any other work that I do.

I had a 285 Massey tractor. 18.4 x 34 tires, two wheel drive and no loader. 65 hp I believe. When I got it the rear tires were full of fluid. I sold the fluid because for what I was going to use the tractor for I didn't need it. I ended up selling the tractor because my plans changed and my buddy bought it. He was going to put the fluid back in but ended up pulling the tractor hard several times and realized that the tractor had more than adequate traction without the extra weight.

/ Loaded tires
When I use these two pieces of equipment my tires spin a lot if in two wheel drive. Four wheel drive it pulls just fine.
16.JPG
26.JPG

/ Loaded tires #15  
Two additional questions ......

If the tractor has a sub-frame backhoe does it still need extra weight in the back? (like filled tires)

What about filling the tires with foam instead of liquid?

/ Loaded tires #16  
With a backhoe, as long as it is on the tractor, you probably dont need anything else for ballast.

Foam is better than liquid IMO. Heavier, and tires never go flat. But it does ride a bit rougher, you cannot remove it, and it is really expensive.

/ Loaded tires
With a backhoe, as long as it is on the tractor, you probably dont need anything else for ballast.

Foam is better than liquid IMO. Heavier, and tires never go flat. But it does ride a bit rougher, you cannot remove it, and it is really expensive.

I have never heard of foam in tires. Dumb question maybe; when the tire needs to be replaced (bald) how do you get it off the rim? I am assuming the foam sets up.

/ Loaded tires #18  
Two additional questions ...... If the tractor has a sub-frame backhoe does it still need extra weight in the back? (like filled tires) What about filling the tires with foam instead of liquid?
As long as the backhoe is attached no extra weight is needed. I still recommend loading the tires because few people leave their backhoe on 100% of the time.

/ Loaded tires #19  
I have never heard of foam in tires. Dumb question maybe; when the tire needs to be replaced (bald) how do you get it off the rim? I am assuming the foam sets up.

They have to be cutoff.

And "foam" is a but misleading. It a urethane rubber that gets poured in there. Basically makes them a solid rubber tire.

/ Loaded tires #20  
The previous owner had filled my fronts with calcium. The small 12" tubes were not designed for filling and the valves both rotted out resulting in trashed rims.
Based on my experience I'd not suggest filling them.
When I did manage to renew the front rims (without loading) I never noticed any change in stability or performance.
There is major differences between stem designs meant for loading.