Tires Loaded tires

/ Loaded tires #21  
The previous owner had filled my fronts with calcium. The small 12" tubes were not designed for filling and the valves both rotted out resulting in trashed rims.
Based on my experience I'd not suggest filling them.
When I did manage to renew the front rims (without loading) I never noticed any change in stability or performance.
There is major differences between stem designs meant for loading.

While the performance difference is indeed minimal, you wouldnt have had issues if loaded with anything but calcium.

/ Loaded tires #22  
The front tires don't hold enough to make much difference.

/ Loaded tires #23  
I have never heard of foam in tires. Dumb question maybe; when the tire needs to be replaced (bald) how do you get it off the rim? I am assuming the foam sets up.

A sawzall is the approved method.

/ Loaded tires #25  
   / Loaded tires #26  
And cheaper.

And lighter.

Yes its quite expensive, but with foam you never have to worry about flats. One of these days I am gonna get mine done. Probably when I get a new set of fronts. 850ish hours on them and they dont have a ton of life left. I cannot begin to count the number of times each of them has been off to patch a hole. Still havent figured out what is better up there...tubless or tubed. Both with a version of slime. With the downtime and money spend on flats, I would have been money ahead to foam them.

If I was working ground in the field it would be different. But probably 500+ of the 850 hrs has been bushogging.

/ Loaded tires #27  
If you can get a set of r4s for the front that don't mess up the ratios they last a lot longer than r1s.

/ Loaded tires #28  
That's what I want to hear. I plan to use Rim Guard. Thanks...

Is is worth filling the front tires also?

I filled my front tires with a RV antifreeze/water combination (no RG here). Filling the fronts reduced the "galloping" that occurred at higher speeds and also damped it out sooner than when the tires front were not filled. Traction was improved over putting two 30 gallon water barrels in the FEL for when I'm going up my front yard hill bushhogging. No regrets here.