Loader FINALLY Done!

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #1  

Danny1553

Tractor
Kubota L245
Worked some of spring, and all of summer building a loader for the L245. Couple pics attached, some of the build, some complete.
A few observations, after using the loader for a couple of weeks:

The Good:

1. Everything operates smoothly with no binding, creaking, or twisting. Taking the extra time to make everything line up near perfect and square is well worth the effort.

2. Easily lifts heaping bucket of gravel (53b here in IN, 310 other states). No strain whatsoever.

3. Bucket is holding up well. Has not shown any bending or twisting, even prying on rocks/concrete to dislodge. I was concerned the bucket would not be stout enough; so far, so good. Time will tell.

4. No Leaks!(With one exception, see The Bad). Holds pressure well, lifts tractor off ground with ease, backdrags well.

5. Feels great using something built by me, and having it work so well!

The Bad:

1. Cycles are somewhat slow. I attribute this to the early Kubota hydraulic pump, the flow is not that great, 3.9 GPM or something like that. Glad i went w/ 1-3/4" cylinders. Not intolerable, but would like to upgrade the pump eventually.

2. The brand new Victor Fluid Power valve I got on Ebay leaks. Not terrible, but enough to make a mess. Seals must have dry rotted. The two handle control is a bit awkward, but I'm getting used to it. Upgrade to joystick is Definitely in the future.

3. 100% positively needs ballast in the rear. Picking up a load of gravel unloads the rear tires enough to cause loss of traction backing away from the pile. Not dangerous or unsettling, just slight imbalance. I have since loaded the rear tires with CACL and this has made an immense difference in balance. Still will spin the tires driving into the pile, so making a rear counterweight (500#) also this week, and that should solve all the traction problems.

4. Power Steering would be nice. it was an option on the L245, maybe someday...

All in all, works better than I had expected. I've only had it complete two weeks, and I've gotten more done than I could have in two years without it. Next mission...Backhoe!!!

Comments/Critiques are welcome...

Attachments

• Getting Closer.jpg
    Getting Closer.jpg
    918.1 KB · Views: 838
  • RT Frame Mount.jpg
    RT Frame Mount.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 959
  • Finished Front Plumbing.jpg
    Finished Front Plumbing.jpg
    798.5 KB · Views: 917
  • Finished Left Side.jpg
    Finished Left Side.jpg
    967.4 KB · Views: 1,276
   / Loader FINALLY Done! #2  
Sweet accomplishment :thumbsup:

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #3  
Very nice.:thumbsup:

Your tractor looks similar to the L275 I had.

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #4  
Nice job. :thumbsup:

One question:
Did you do this to save money, (and if so, how did that go) or just to prove that you could build your own?

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #5  
Very impressive! Looks professional. You obviously take much pride in your work. I can't wait to see the backhoe. :thumbsup:

Joe

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #6  
that is a very nice looking loader you did a real good job on it

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #8  
I'm not going to say it looks factory. That would be insulting.;) I'm saying "factory" would not be any better and probably could take tips from your build!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Great looking build and it's good to see that it has lived up to your expectations and hopes.

I too look forward to your next project. If you post progress reports, you'll have no shortage of interested observers and all the free advice you can ever hope for!:cool:

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #9  
Looks great. As to your concern about the bucket, I would think the bucket being the weak point as a good thing. It is easier to straighten a bucket than to retrue the loader frame.

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #10  
I think that is the best home made loader fab I have seen on this site. I realize the Hydraulic end is not all you hoped for, but the fit and finish on the steel is superb.