Loader FINALLY Done!

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #11  
I think that is the best home made loader fab I have seen on this site. I realize the Hydraulic end is not all you hoped for, but the fit and finish on the steel is superb.

+1, you have done a great job, on that loader. I wonder how much that power steering is gonna be, I am sure that it is an "armful" even as small as the tractor is without it when you have a full bucket of rock. Again congrats on that build, that is something to really be proud of.

James K0UA

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #12  
Very nice. Now you need to paint the tractor to freshen it up.:laughing:

Chris

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #13  
WOW, Great job. Congratulation! you have something to be proud of.

/ Loader FINALLY Done!
Nice job. :thumbsup:

One question:
Did you do this to save money, (and if so, how did that go) or just to prove that you could build your own?

Yes, on both. I do (or at least try to do) everything myself, not only to save money, but because I enjoy building things...

Although, even building it myself and using scrap material when possible, it still ran about $800, mostly in hydraulic parts. Still quite a savings if I would have had to buy a new or even used loader, if they can still be found to bolt to a 30 year old tractor. More than likely would have had to fab up brackets, even if I had bought new.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I'm hoping to refinish the rest of the sheetmetal over the winter (if I am ever not using the tractor).

Dan

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #16  
Very nice job on the loader. It looks as good as any factory loader I have ever seen. You sir, have skill.

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #17  
Really nice job on the loader, I am with you, its nice to do things yourself,not just to save but money but for the satisfaction. Those older Kubotas are handy,ours has no PS either,its tough to steer w a load up front ....

From CT

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #18  
Your welds look great. Wish I had that talent. Great job.
Bob

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #19  
Yes, on both. I do (or at least try to do) everything myself, not only to save money, but because I enjoy building things...

Although, even building it myself and using scrap material when possible, it still ran about $800, mostly in hydraulic parts. Still quite a savings if I would have had to buy a new or even used loader, if they can still be found to bolt to a 30 year old tractor. More than likely would have had to fab up brackets, even if I had bought new.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I'm hoping to refinish the rest of the sheetmetal over the winter (if I am ever not using the tractor).

Dan

See the epic "your free time is not free" thread of 2010. I think you came up a little short on the cost estimate. Nice build tho....

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #20  
Great work ! That's quite an accomplishment.