Loader FINALLY Done!

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #21  
Remarkable work!:thumbsup: One thought on the bucket if you still have concerns. Maybe get a bolt on cutting edge. That will greatly stiffen the bottom which is your longest unsupported span.

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #22  
Great job. Like the pins you chose. They should be real easy to change when the time comes. What did you use for bushings?

/ Loader FINALLY Done!
Great job. Like the pins you chose. They should be real easy to change when the time comes. What did you use for bushings?

I used standard DOM tubing for the bushings. Trued them up in the lathe (Not absolutely neccasary, but it makes for a nicer job, and I get to use the lathe!) The pins fit very well in the bushings, with just a slight clearance for grease.

The bolt on cutting edge is a great idea. Now you've got me thinking of cannibalizing my seldom-used rear grader blade for the hardened cutting edge...

Thanks for all the replies

Dan

Attachments

• Bucket Bracket.jpg
    Bucket Bracket.jpg
    762.9 KB · Views: 312
   / Loader FINALLY Done! #24  
I

The bolt on cutting edge is a great idea. Now you've got me thinking of cannibalizing my seldom-used rear grader blade for the hardened cutting edge...

Thanks for all the replies

Dan

Before you go "cannibal", try your local highways maintenance division and see if they will give you a used one. I've gotten them from our local municipality for free. Sometimes they will only wear down one side of a two sided blade and leave the other side virtually unused. It's worth a shot!:D

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #25  
   / Loader FINALLY Done!
Looks good. Here's how the joystick on mine is setup, looks like you could make one easily. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...4650d1201548588-b6100-picture-loader-002a.jpg & http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...4649d1201548577-b6100-picture-loader-001a.jpg. If you want to do power steering look at this one, I think it's a similar tractor. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/138014-power-steering-90-minutes.html

Thanks for the GREAT ideas. That joystick is something I can definitely fabricate. The power steering adaptation is nothing short of awesome-similar to how they added power steering to manual cars in the 60's. Never thought of an external cylinder like that...that looks like an absolute must for mine. Turning with a loaded bucket is a huge workout. So many new ideas...don't know where to start! Thanks for all the suggestions and kind comments.

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #27  
WOW Dan, you did dang good work!! i feel like a real weinie now for whining about a rounded head on a sump drain. lookin forward to the hoe build to.

earl.

/ Loader FINALLY Done! #28  
Thanks for the GREAT ideas. That joystick is something I can definitely fabricate. The power steering adaptation is nothing short of awesome-similar to how they added power steering to manual cars in the 60's. Never thought of an external cylinder like that...that looks like an absolute must for mine. Turning with a loaded bucket is a huge workout. So many new ideas...don't know where to start! Thanks for all the suggestions and kind comments.

Power steering is nice to have just gotta be careful with it on a tractor that's old like ours. Bostonrats got his tractor stuck last year and while working the wheel back and forth broke his pitman arm which is pretty much unobtainable now. He welded it back together. The way I see it, adding power steering should make my frail steering box last longer.

BTW, search for power steering in the Kubota forum and you'll see a bunch of neat add-ons.