Loader float function

/ Loader float function
well, I pushed it pretty hard today and the entire loader valve was moving. It never felt like it was moving a detent ball. It seems to stay in a float position if I hold forward on the joy stick , but as soon as I let go, it goes out of float. Guess I'll try to work on it some more tomorrow and see if I can get it to stay forward in the float position

/ Loader float function
ok, I went out just now and tried the float function. This tractor was used ,and I didn't check the float function when I tried out the tractor (my fault) Anyway, The joy stick does go into float, but it won't stay there on it's own. You have to hold it there. as soon as I let go of the stick, it goes back into regular function.

I guess if I want it to stay into float without holding it there. I will have to take it to a dealer for a new loader valve ?

Chalk this on my screw up for not checking B-4 I bought it

/ Loader float function #13  
Mine stays in the detent until I take it out. It could be you just have to work it with the hydraulic oil flowing and see if that cleans it out. There is a spring on the detent ball and if you had to push hard to get it into the detent position then there is likely some corrosion or sediment around the spring.

/ Loader float function
Appears the dealer added 3 function did a neat job.

Anyone got an after market # for the HST filter ? I was able to locate the Hydraulic filter buy not the HST filter

Attachments

• IMAG0419.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 109
   / Loader float function #15  
Looks good, I just use kubota filters the hyd has a magnet on it

/ Loader float function
Mine stays in the detent until I take it out. It could be you just have to work it with the hydraulic oil flowing and see if that cleans it out. There is a spring on the detent ball and if you had to push hard to get it into the detent position then there is likely some corrosion or sediment around the spring.

Thanks, I'll keep playing with it to see if I can get it to stay.
I really didn't have to push hard to get it to float. it just won't stay there. I don't thing the 3rd function had any affect on the function ,but I didn't try it before I bought it, so I don't know.
Like I said. it will go there ,but you have to hold it there

/ Loader float function
Looks good, I just use kubota filters the hyd has a magnet on it

well, I was looking for after market filters. I found them for the HYD, but not HST.
I removed that magnet and installed it on the new Baldwin filter

/ Loader float function #18  
The HST filter is just made for kubota and no cross reference it happens with filters , My wife runs a parts department for a equipment company, I looked too

/ Loader float function
The HST filter is just made for kubota and no cross reference it happens with filters , My wife runs a parts department for a equipment company, I looked too

well, crap.. How often do you change it ? 380 hrs on the tractor

/ Loader float function #20  
I changed mine at 50h and 300h hyd oil to because i got free oil, Did you get any books with the tractor