Loader float function

/ Loader float function #31  
Hey Kenmac, quit beating yourself up over this item that you missed checking. If that,s the biggest item you missed while checking over the whole tractor, you done good. This issue it,s really a biggy.
Lots of great help on here, so I,m sure it won,t be a big dollar to get it working properly, and we all get to learn how this valve is suppose to work at the same time.
$500 maybe for a whole new loader valve, not that it would really come to that. Possibly a few bucks for some springs & ballbearings. More likely just need to take it apart & clean it.

I'd have used it as a bargining chip when negotiating, but wouldn't have let that 1 item affect me buying an otherwised good used machine.

/ Loader float function
Update::::: I got it fixed today ! It was an easy fix too !
I took off the plastic that covers the top of the valve, and found a small steel part that has a hole in it that should line up with the lock out lever, had somehow got turned on it's side. I was able to just turn it back up straight. Now the hole is lined up with the lock out lever, and the float function also works !

/ Loader float function #34  
Atta Boy!!

/ Loader float function
Hey Whirly, you tried those after market HST filters on your tractor ? I ordered one off Ebay last night. Gonna try it instead of the $65.00 Kubota filter

/ Loader float function #36  
HST filters are not something I'd try to save money on. IF the aftermarket filter does not do what it is suppose to do, do you have any idea of the cost to get your tractor back to working order?? Just a clue...much more than the difference in filter price.

/ Loader float function
HST filters are not something I'd try to save money on. IF the aftermarket filter does not do what it is suppose to do, do you have any idea of the cost to get your tractor back to working order?? Just a clue...much more than the difference in filter price.

Don't think there would cost any more money than using an aftermarket Oil filter,or oil your tractor, car,truck, etc,. I don't know of anyone that uses OEM oil filters, oil, etc, in their vehicles

/ Loader float function #38  
Hey Whirly, you tried those after market HST filters on your tractor ? I ordered one off Ebay last night. Gonna try it instead of the $65.00 Kubota filter

Mine only has 270hrs on it. Bought it @ 195 and had the dealer do a complete service as part of the deal. Checked all of the filters and they have the date they were installed on them which is about 5 weeks prior to delivery .... it shipped from PA to HI.

Let us know how it works.

Last edited:
   / Loader float function #39  
To each his own.

/ Loader float function #40  
.........Anyone got an after market # for the HST filter ? I was able to locate the Hydraulic filter but not the HST filter

I use a Baldwin BT9358 filter on my L48 HST - about $60 from these people.