Loader for a Garden tractor

/ Loader for a Garden tractor #12  
That 444 looks good.

I recall recently seeing a 444 or 446 on criagslist somewhere in PA for $700 with the hydraulic-driven tiller, but I can't find it now.

Here are some in my area:
A 444 in Lancaster, PA for $600 w/ mower deck, front blade, wheel weights, chains.

And, a 448 in Chambersburg, PA for $1500 w/ a mower deck, and front snow blower.

BTW, here is a youtube vide of a 446 w/ a loader:
YouTube - CASE 446 With Loader Bucket

Here is a 646 w/ a loader for $2500:
CASE 646 GARDEN TRACTOR WITH BUCKET LOADER. INGERSOL - eBay (item 280350363639 end time Jun-01-09 21:59:04 PDT)

/ Loader for a Garden tractor
wow that video of the 446 with the loader was very impressive if you read the comments someone mentions that it has a stock control lever you can use for attachments if so that would cut down alot on the cost.

/ Loader for a Garden tractor #14  
The seller of the unit in the youtube video used a John Deere loader. You might save some money adapting an existing loader, esp. if it is one that is made for a not-so-popular model tractor (thus reducing the demand for it).

You might want to contact the seller of this very-well-done Cub Cadet 782D w/ loader.

He changed out the steering, and front axle spindles with beefier units. This would be a necessity for putting a loader on most GT's, although, I think that the Case 44x-series may already be sturdy enough.

He also built the loader, so you might want to contact him for tips & info.

J.

not sure who has the cub cadet you were talking about is he a member here or was he on youtube?

that would be nice to find a used loader that had the hydraulic cylinders and all on it but just for the frame i would have no problem fabricating it.

You are from Pennsylvania do you know of any equipment salvage yards or junk yards?

/ Loader for a Garden tractor #16  
not sure who has the cub cadet you were talking about is he a member here or was he on youtube?

that would be nice to find a used loader that had the hydraulic cylinders and all on it but just for the frame i would have no problem fabricating it.

You are from Pennsylvania do you know of any equipment salvage yards or junk yards?

I say the Cub Cadet for sale on eBay.

There is a place called TractorGraveYard that, I think, is in Maryland;
The Tractor Graveyard

A co-working mentioned them. The web site is basically just a place-holder that give you an email and a phone number.

Yes, you'll definitely need to find used cylinders to keep from blowing your budget.

I will PM you a CL link you might be interested in....

/ Loader for a Garden tractor #17  
I forgot, the other Case-Ingersoll models you'll want to watch for are:
4016 (16HP)
4018 (18HP)
4020 (20HP)

These 4000 series tractors replaced the 440-series ones. Of course, since they are newer, they command a higher price.

thanks for all the links they are good

i like the case 446 that is repowered with a 24hp motor but it is in pretty bad cosmetic shape

back to the cub 149's what kind of hydro setup do they have and are they heavy enough stock to handle a loader

/ Loader for a Garden tractor #19  
I'm not familiar with the Cubs. You might want to post something on the Cub forum to get more answers.

Before you put a lot of money into beefing up a GT for a loader, you might want to just shop around for a smaller (preferably 4WD), older gear-drive CUT that already has a loader.

The Case-Ingersoll 644,646 & 648 close to being a CUT in their own right. The one that was on ebay went for $2400. You'll probably end up with more than that into the purchase, front-end upgrade, and hydraulic parts (hoses, cylinders, valves etc).

Some models that I've seen with loaders in the $2-4k price range:
Yanmar 135
Yanmar 155
Kubota B5100
Kubota B6100
Kubota B7100
Mitsubish MT372

There was just a Kubota B6100 on eBay (in NY, I think) with a loader AND BACK HOE that had a buy-it-now of $4500. It sold quickly.

You stated that you don't have the money for the loader project right now, so maybe just pickup a heavy GT that has a 3PH and do the other stuff you mentioned with that, and then keep an eye out for a small CUT w/ a loader later.

If you are patient, I've seen 2WD smaller CUTS (like the B6100E) w/o loader go for $1500-$1800.

If you want to build your own loader, that is great (I wish I had the fabrication skills), but you'd be much better off doing it on a small CUT than a GT, as you'll be much more likely to have a front axle that can handle it, and an overall weight that is more likely to handle that load safely. Plus, with all the models above, and most all small CUTS, you'll get a long-lasting, smooth running, fuel efficient 2 or 3 cylinder liquid-cooled diesel engine, instead of a 1 or 2 cyl (usually) air-cooled engine (that are usually louder than the diesels).

Plus, if, down the road, you want to sell said machine to upgrade, you'll get your money back out of the CUT. The Cub 782D (has a 15HP Kubota Diesel engine) that had a loader on it on ebay has gone unsold at a price of $5k lately. It is a beautiful, well-done machine, but the bottom line, is, for that price, you can find one of the models listed above with 4WD and a loader almost any day of the week.

Just some more things to consider. All that said, of the GT's that I've looked at, the Case-Ingersoll 4xx, 40xx, 6xx, and 60xx series tractors look like the best GT candidates for your loader project.

/ Loader for a Garden tractor #20  
I live in Hillsborough Nj and currently have a simplicity sunstar for sale. It comes with a leaf vacuum and collection trailer and a 60" wide mower. I was planning a loader build but my list is way too long already! The sunstar is an awesome unit for a loader build and it is completely hydrostatic. Make me an offer if your interested.

Here is the FEL that is sold for the sunstar. http://wssemw.arinet.com/scripts/EmpartISAPI.dll?MF click on front loader then mainframe.