Front-End Loader Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US

/ Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US #11  
Re: Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific N

Nuru,

I agree with Jim.

The only time I have my loader attached is when I'm going to use it. During the summer months, I leave the MMM attached unless I'm going into places where it becomes a hindrence such as bushhogging or making furrows in the garden.

The FEL can be a royal pain when mowing. It just gets in the way. I have christened my garden fence numerous times, also poles and trees. Knock on wood, no serious damage (yet /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif).

I've gotten to the point where I can attach/remove the FEL in 3-5 minutes. To counter balance the tractor to compensate for the lost weigh for the hills, I use the detachable ballast weights on the front end. I currently have 4 of the 42lb weights. You can have a maximum of 5 on the 4100.

Terry

/ Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US #12  

Oh, Ok, that does sound pretty good, I just need to find the loader cheaper than $2500. i will save my dollars and get both the MMM and the loader eventually.

Nuru

/ Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US #13  

Terry; i also agree, I was just curious.

Nuru

/ Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US #14  
what about legal use of this loader in OSHA controled areas? For home, personal use they
should be ok, but what about commerical establishments, government contracted operations.
Can they use the loader?

/ Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US #15  

I know what you mean, but the loader is just expensive. I ended up paying $2800 for mine (installation + transportation). It is the most handy attachment I have. I would however recommend that you get the 54" bucket instead of the 49" bucket. Doesn't sound like much difference but according to the specs, the 54" bucket will hold about 20% more material. I'm sorry that I didn't go for the larger size. The 60" bucket just seems a little large for a tractor this size, unless you're just moving light loose material.

/ Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US #16  

Terry, Yeah, I am looking to get it for a lot less. i have a neighbor that is going to purchase a snowblower because he is tired of using the loader to do the snow clearing. I am hoping that he is running out of space to store all this stuff and would want to sell his loader to me for a bargain, but we will see. It is sitting outside right now, experiencing the weather.

Nuru

/ Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US #17  

Jim,

I got a 60" bucket and am glad I did. It can carry a lot of stuff. As I've described, it can be a bit of pain and I've learned to just take it off when I don't need it.

Nuru,

I can understand your being frugal. Nothing wrong with that approach. However, before you purchase a aftermarket FEL, look at all of the ins and outs of the particular unit. It may turn out that it would be a royal pain to remove. The JD unit is sweet. JD engineered that puppy right.

Terry

/ Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US #18  

Terry, definitely, that is why I am saying I am looking for a 410 for a cheaper than $2500 price. I figure that someone will have one around that they wan to unload and I will jump on it. Plus, I won't need any extra <font color=green>Green!</font color=green> paint to make it match. The 410 looks like the easiest to mount and take off, so that make sall the difference in the world for me.

nuru

/ Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US #19  

Terry, I just spoke to a dealer in CT today, and this dealer offers the 410 for $2500, but that package includes the loader, a ballast box (capable of holding/containing 900lbs), the grille guard, and free installation. Does anyone know if this is typical when you but a loader? If not it should be. Now that does sound like a pretty good deal for me.

He also indicated that the 60" MMM was better for tighter spaces than the 54" MMM, but it does require more power. Their pricing is pretty good on that too, $1450 on the 54", $2150 on the 60" and free installation, provided I bring my unit in - 1 - hour trip - no problem.

D H Marvin & Son Inc 1 (860) 537-2344

Nuru

/ Loaders $1500 -includes installation-Pacific NW US #20  

Nuru,

The price for the FEL including the ballast box and installation sounds pretty good. I'll have to check my paperwork at home to see what I paid. I'll get back to you later today on this. Oh yeah, what size bucket?

60" better for tighter spaces ????? /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif Ok, if they say so. As long as you're not running the rear and mid PTOs, having the 60" should be no problem.

Have you asked him to sweeten the deal if you buy both by 01/xx/2002? Never hurts to ask.

Terry