Tires Loading the tires with sealant

/ Loading the tires with sealant #11  
<font color="blue"> The "tire guys" will place the sealant inside the tire </font>
Why? You can do it - I bought 4 qts of sealer at TSC and put one in each tire of my TC45 - easy to do and it works. Keeps me from having to plug mesquite thorn holes every weekend. It sounds like somebody's trying to make a fast buck off you.

/ Loading the tires with sealant
Hey Mike,
Yes, I could do it myself. However, assuming they REALLY are going to use 5 gallons. Then the price of a gallon of Slime brand at TSC is $27.99 per gallon plus tax (not sure if an ag exempt works at TSC). Anyway, that comes out to $139.95 for 5 gallons of sealant. The "tire guys" are charging me under $160 total - so they are basically doing the install for $20. With the tractor awaiting delivery in El Campo (75 miles from the house), the property in Yoakum (105 miles from the house), and me in Katy (wanting to mow as soon as the tractor arrives) - it seems like a pretty fair price. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Loading the tires with sealant #13  
I they're going to use 5 gal the price is pretty fair. I did my own, bought the pink stuff from gemplers.com. Used three gallons for 11.2 24 rear tires, did front tires, lawn tractor and three wheelbarrow size wheels, all with three gallons and that was at the reccommended application rate. Haven't had as much as a slow leak in anything yet (2 years since application) and the lawnmower sat all winter. gemplers also makes a military grade (quite a bit more expensive) that will stop up to a 3/8 inch hole if memory serves, basically bullet holes. Didn't think too many people with ak's were going to be ambushing me on my tractor so I opted for the less expensive stuff............. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Loading the tires with sealant #14  
ag exempt works at TSC, you have to fill out a form though.

gerard,
Might have been an old post of yours that I was paraphrasing earlier. If it was, thanks for the info (a wheelbarrow is an ATV right). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Unfortunately I have to assume a lot since the tractor dealer and the property are a good bit from "home". Sometimes you just have to trust that others have your best interests at heart. Might cost me a few bucks every now and then, but it sure makes life more enjoyable!

I'm liking this Ag exempt thing! Even the well was tax free (most of it anyway). Something to do with putting the well in a pasture without a home on site. Water the cattle, etc...

/ Loading the tires with sealant #17  
I put 1 1/2 gallons of slime in each of the rear R4s and 1/2 gallon in each of the fronts on my JD 4300 over a year ago. I have put 78 hours on the clock since then in some of the nastiest south Texas brush on the face of the planet. No flats, no problems.

Gringo,
That's exactly the confirmation I was waiting for. THANK YOU!
Not sure about your "nasties" but mine are those dang Huisache trees. Thorns on those puppies are about an inch long. Tractors due at the property on Thursday. We're gonna party with the Bush Hog! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Loading the tires with sealant #20  
can't argue with that - too good a deal on labor to bother with the headache - and I can relate - dealer in LaGrange - land in Bastrop - and live in town in Angleton ... someday tho' ... it's all gonna come together ... 42 months (but who's counting? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)