Local dealer gone

/ Local dealer gone #21  
Do the "box stores" like Home Depot and Lowe's sell the top of the line John Deere and Cub Cadet rider mowers and SCUT's in your areas. In our neck of the woods, all the "box stores" sell are the less expensive lines. If you want whatever Deere is calling the old LX series now or those that are more expensive than the LX series, you have to go to a dealer. I was told that the "box stores" are selling what Deere used to call their Sabre line.

I have never seen a compact or sub-compact at any of the "box stores" around here except at Sam's Club, they had a 790 (I think) JD compact with FEL at the store right after it opened, and I would assume you might be able to order one from them online or something, but I have never seen any at Lowes or Home Depot.

/ Local dealer gone #22  
The CUT's you see at Sam's and other retailers are actually sold by a local dealer, but at a price set by the dealer and the retailer. Delivery, set up, warranty work, etc. are all done by the dealer. These are sold on a commission or flat fee basis by the retailer.

/ Local dealer gone #23  
EVERYONE HAS TO REMEMBER THE LAWN TRACTORS YOU SEE AT HD AND LOWES ARE PRICED TO TAKE SALES AWAY FROM SEARS, TRACTOR SUPPLY.ECT. THEY ARE A CHEEPER LINE OF TRACTORS. BUT YOU CAN BUY THEM AT YOUR DEALER FOR THE SAME PRICE OR CHEEPER. AS THE BOX STORES ARE LOCKED AT THIER PRICE THE ONLY THING THEY CAN DO IS OFFER REBATES OF THIER OWN.SO IF EVERYONE WAS TO ONLY BUY FROM THIER LOCAL DEALER, THE DEALER WOULD DO BETTER HIRE MORE EMPLOYEES AND JD,CUB.HONDA, AND OTHER MANUFACTURES WOULD PULL THIER PRODUCTS FROM THE BOX STORES.

/ Local dealer gone
NHTC30 said:
Do the "box stores" like Home Depot and Lowe's sell the top of the line John Deere and Cub Cadet rider mowers and SCUT's in your areas. In our neck of the woods, all the "box stores" sell are the less expensive lines. If you want whatever Deere is calling the old LX series now or those that are more expensive than the LX series, you have to go to a dealer. I was told that the "box stores" are selling what Deere used to call their Sabre line.

I have never seen a compact or sub-compact at any of the "box stores" around here except at Sam's Club, they had a 790 (I think) JD compact with FEL at the store right after it opened, and I would assume you might be able to order one from them online or something, but I have never seen any at Lowes or Home Depot.
Based on what my former dealer told me, Lowe's can sell any model of lawn mower, zero turn mower or gator that he could sell. I believe this may be a change in their previous policy. He said the only thing they couldn't sell was CUT's.

/ Local dealer gone #25  
LOWES CAN NOT SELL ALL MODS. ONLY L'S. CONSUMER ZERO'S, AND CS GATORS.

/ Local dealer gone #26  
Farmwithjunk said:
A NEW John Deere dealer opened here about a year ago. They paid over $1.500,000 for their property. No telling how much to equip the shop. They have several service trucks and pick-ups for the sales staff. Nowdays, you'll see Deere adds during major sporting events on TV. Adds pop up in magazines, newspapers, and even a couple highway billboards I've seen. You have to sell a BUNCH of lawn mower blades and green paint to recoup that overhead. And it won't be getting any better in the near future. .

and now you know why JD green costs so much?
that's a HUGE nut to cover every month.
Huge.

/ Local dealer gone #27  
GATOR445 said:
EVERYONE HAS TO REMEMBER THE LAWN TRACTORS YOU SEE AT HD AND LOWES ARE PRICED TO TAKE SALES AWAY FROM SEARS, TRACTOR SUPPLY.ECT. THEY ARE A CHEEPER LINE OF TRACTORS. BUT YOU CAN BUY THEM AT YOUR DEALER FOR THE SAME PRICE OR CHEEPER. AS THE BOX STORES ARE LOCKED AT THIER PRICE THE ONLY THING THEY CAN DO IS OFFER REBATES OF THIER OWN.SO IF EVERYONE WAS TO ONLY BUY FROM THIER LOCAL DEALER, THE DEALER WOULD DO BETTER

Ok, you can turn your caps off
but good point
The price is exactly the same no matter if you buy from the dealer or Home Despot.

/ Local dealer gone
GATOR445 said:
LOWES CAN NOT SELL ALL MODS. ONLY L'S. CONSUMER ZERO'S, AND CS GATORS.
That is what I thought also, but at the dealer, I was told that is no longer the case. Not sure what is true.

/ Local dealer gone #29  
KICK said:
face facts. throw away society , consumerism, etc... breeds competition for cheapest prices and the big guys always win.

side effect is the mom and pops going the way of the passenger pigeon.

there aren't any corner drugstores or local banks anymore,no service stations,etc....

times changed.

I would not say there are not any, I believe there are not very many of those items anymore but there are a few around. I go to a local service station/country grocery store. I have a charge acount which is an old fashioned board with a spring clip on it that they keep a handwritten copy of my receipt under. I pay my bill once a week. I believe that is the definition of country service station that you were talking about.