Locked in the Car and Unable to get Out - Food for Thought

/ Locked in the Car and Unable to get Out - Food for Thought #101  
I was in a truck which was NOT in gear when the driver got out. The trouble is that I was in the back getting out my gear when it started rolling toward the lake. :eek: I jumped out of the bed, ran around to the passenger side as it was closest and tried to unlock the door... only to remember the key only worked on the driver's door. I ran around the back of the truck, got it unlocked and jumped in... just as the truck hit a high spot and came to a stop.

/ Locked in the Car and Unable to get Out - Food for Thought #102  
I had a 1949 Dodge pickup that had a stump puller gear. We would put it in gear and pull the throttle control out a little and my brother and I would walk on each side and pickup ears of corn. We paid for a trip to Mexico for our sr year in school.

/ Locked in the Car and Unable to get Out - Food for Thought #103  
I had a 1949 Dodge pickup that had a stump puller gear. We would put it in gear and pull the throttle control out a little and my brother and I would walk on each side and pickup ears of corn. We paid for a trip to Mexico for our sr year in school.
My father used to do that with his Willys pickup, so that he could get out and load hay.

/ Locked in the Car and Unable to get Out - Food for Thought #104  
She was the owner/operating her automobile. :D
That's a way of looking at it, buy hey! who cares? This forum is full of junk that has nothing to do with tractors, only if I reply on a 20y old conspiracy topic, I get corrected... pfff rubbish

/ Locked in the Car and Unable to get Out - Food for Thought #105  
To those who pass judgements; If everyone who has done something remarkedly stupid concerning vehicles at least once in their life were somehow not allowed to have a license, there would be virtually no one left on the roads.
I would have no problem with this plan. Driving is a privilege not a right. From what I've seen many people lack abilities and judgement and should have no right to operate a vehicle on public roads.

/ Locked in the Car and Unable to get Out - Food for Thought #106  
If driving is a privilege not a right, then nobody has the right to drive only the privilege. Then who gives the privilege and takes away the privilege? The same people that do not have the right to drive in the first place. :ROFLMAO:

/ Locked in the Car and Unable to get Out - Food for Thought #107  
   / Locked in the Car and Unable to get Out - Food for Thought #108  
I recall plenty of times as a kid getting stuck in the snow, leaving the car in gear, and getting out to see which tire is spinning. I also recall getting out with it in gear and pushing it out of the snow and jumping back in and off you go. I don't recommend that to anyone. It's a good way to get run over. I don't think it would warrant losing a driver's license.
I've done the same thing when I was much younger.

/ Locked in the Car and Unable to get Out - Food for Thought #110  
I've got one of those pedals in my powerstroke F350. Thankfully I've never exited while it was in gear, it would put a hole in the barn wall. My newest motorcycle doesn't have a clutch lever, it has a dual clutch transmission. I have been locked out of the bike when I left the fob in the house. Many tractor trailers today are automatic.

I have got out of my car with it running and in low gear. Got stick and just needed a little push to get it free, then jumped back in and off I went.