Locked up and nowhere to go

/ Locked up and nowhere to go #61  
Perfect! So that means it is always filtering the full output of the pump, which out to mean that your oil gets pretty clean.

All the best,

Peter

Well, what is the micron rating on that small filter?

/ Locked up and nowhere to go #62  
20 I believe. Not great but for being so small and in such a high pressure area, I assume that it is pretty good.

Schroeder N-25 is the filter element...

/ Locked up and nowhere to go #63  
So, while we are on this HP Filter, I am very confused and maybe someone can explain.

My filter holder is like this (Not this one but close to it)...

NF30-1

It says it has a 30PSI Bypass Valve. Does this mean that when the filter filters everything, until it gets plugged up enough to create 30 additional PSI of backpressure then it bypasses, or is it only allowing in a trickle through the filter and bypassing everything else.

So confused...

Oh, and I just found this filter holder on Ebay for $200... Not too bad...

/ Locked up and nowhere to go #64  
So, while we are on this HP Filter, I am very confused and maybe someone can explain.

My filter holder is like this (Not this one but close to it)...

NF30-1

It says it has a 30PSI Bypass Valve. Does this mean that when the filter filters everything, until it gets plugged up enough to create 30 additional PSI of backpressure then it bypasses, or is it only allowing in a trickle through the filter and bypassing everything else.

So confused...

Oh, and I just found this filter holder on Ebay for $200... Not too bad...

The bypass is sort like a relief valve, once the filter gets clogged up, it will open the filter bypass valve and let in unfiltered fluid.

The filter that you posted is a 10 micron filter. You don't have a lot of surface area in that filter. I believe that it is used as a safeguard for downstream utilities. Does have a bypass indicator? How would you know if it were clogged? One of the PT guys put a high pressure filter in the PTO circuit, and adding extra filtration that way. That pump is running all the time.

/ Locked up and nowhere to go #65  
JJ.. Sorry for the confusion. This is Kind of like the filter I have. Mine is a bit different, same manufacturer but different discontinued model. It has this N-25 filter in it that makes me think it is 25 micron filter, not a 10... It is Schroeder I believe. Yes, there is an indicator on the top, but mine is broken, somehow... Not sure what its deal is....