Log splitter with lift table and 4 way wedge

/ Log splitter with lift table and 4 way wedge #21  
Last edited:
   / Log splitter with lift table and 4 way wedge #22  
Sharp, that splitter is awesome!
What kind of price tag are you looking at?

/ Log splitter with lift table and 4 way wedge
Sideways, I built this one as a prototype. It is using the Honda GX390, 4 x 24 cyl and 22 gpm pump from my old splitter which was used for 2 seasons. Have about $3100 in this one. I would put it up against log splitters costing $6000 or better. Would probably consider an offer of $3800 for this one. With a new engine, hydralic cylinder and pump, I would need $4800 and about 2 months to build it. Thanks for looking.

/ Log splitter with lift table and 4 way wedge #24  
sharp,
Nice lookin build there. Iam curious about the support for the wedge, I dont see anything above the I beam to secure the wedge from twisting. If you hit a knot or some nasty narly stuff off center,. on one of the wing wedges?.. Just curious

kubotakid :united-states:

Kubotakid, Thanks for asking. The wedge is 1 inch x 5 inch thick and it slides up and down between the I beam which is custom made by 2 pieces of 6 inch x 1/2 inch flatstock with a 1 inch gap between the 2 pieces. The I beam has a 6 inch x 1/2 inch flatstock welded to the bottom and an 8 x 1/2 inch flatstock welded on top. Both pieces are welded completely the full length of the I beam. It's pretty sturdy but I may weld a support on the 1 inch x 5 inch behind the wedge.

/ Log splitter with lift table and 4 way wedge #26  
Nice project, any news on the vid yet??

I am a little slow on the video but plan on doing one in the next week or so. Thanks for asking. Maybe I can get it done now. Just got done another project. Built a pressure washing rig on a trailer. It has a 4 gallon per min. pump 4000 psi with a 14 HP motor running it. Have a 100 foot of pressure hose on a reel and 120 of garden hose on a reel. Bought a used 275 gal. water tank and put it on the trailer to carry water if needed. Plan to make it a heated pressure washer in the future. Have a great day!

/ Log splitter with lift table and 4 way wedge #28  
Kubotakid, Thanks for asking. The wedge is 1 inch x 5 inch thick and it slides up and down between the I beam which is custom made by 2 pieces of 6 inch x 1/2 inch flatstock with a 1 inch gap between the 2 pieces. The I beam has a 6 inch x 1/2 inch flatstock welded to the bottom and an 8 x 1/2 inch flatstock welded on top. Both pieces are welded completely the full length of the I beam. It's pretty sturdy but I may weld a support on the 1 inch x 5 inch behind the wedge.

Sharp,
I was thinkin a couple of tangs welded on both sides of the back support would help,.But Ive seen plenty o wood that would probably find that still 2 inscure, and rerout your verticale/horziontal/wing wedge into an ugly thing. just my 2 cents,.
Iam sure u will find out what its capable of when u get to that point. I wish you good luck my friend. U are a very good fabricator.

kubotakid USA

/ Log splitter with lift table and 4 way wedge #29  
I'm coming into this thread on the late side but have to say that the splitter looks great. Heck it looked good even before you painted it IMHO.

Proper hydraulic fittings are on her!