log splitter

/ log splitter #31  
I have a Kuborta M series and would like to make a Log Spliter tp use with it .I would appreciate any plans you might know of .Thanks, Steve at en207@juno.com

/ log splitter #33  
I bought a little booklet many years ago from Northern Hydraulic (now Northern Tool) o nbuildign your own log splitter. It incudes plans for several different log splitters including a 3PH model. You could check with them to see if it's still available.

/ log splitter #35  
I bought a Split-Fire model SS244 3pt. splitter with 4-way wedge. This machine will out-split anything I have used by at least double (volume). Myself and 2 helpers can split 10 face cords per hour, and this is small fireplace sized material when finished. It is a two-way design, which eliminates "cycle time" arguments, since it is constantly splitting, if you can keep it fed with wood. If you are looking for a quality machine with performance, try one. Also, keep in mind that with a 3 pt splitter, you can adjust working height, and lay it on the ground to roll large blocks on it... this is much easier than trying to itch a big block up under a vertical model. Split-Fire does offer a hydraulic log-lifter as an option. I have tried every variation of splitter and believe that the 3pt, two-way, tractor-powered version is the way to go. The 4-way wedge is nice, too ( it saves 2 strokes).

/ log splitter #36  
Who makes the Splitfire Log Splitter? I could only find the following link to Splitfire Log Splitters and its not the model you have.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.gilmorefs.com/Splitfire.JPG>Splitfire</A>

Kip

/ log splitter #37  
The name of the company is Split-Fire, also. They have a website @ www.split-fire.com, I believe. Also a toll-free phone #: 1-8splitfire. The model mine is called on the website is SS240-4. On my machine, the decals say SS244. For most people, the 244 (240-4) is overkill, but all of thier machines are 2-way, which is an unbelievable time-saver. Also notice the trays on the side, they keep all of the wood on the splitter, so you don't have to bend over to pick up pieces, my wife even appreciates those. Mine was just under $1500, which is a lot of money, but I think that the next smaller one (230) is around half of that.