Logging into/out TBN

/ Logging into/out TBN #1  

rlk

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 35 BX 2200 1952 Farmall H
Muhammad, being as old and forgetful as I am, quite often I forget to log out of TBN, and sometimes have remained logged in for days, maybe even weeks. I get the updates sent to me via email, so don't always visit TBN each day. If I receive an update that references a picture I want to see, I'll access TBN to view the picture. Quite often I'll see I am still logged in.

Does it hurt anything to remain logged in for so long? I just checked "Who's Online" and did not see very many logged in, so I must be one of the few who can't always remember to log out. If me being logged in for so long causes any problems I appologize and will try to do better in the future, however, if it does not cause any problems, then I will not worry about it.

/ Logging into/out TBN #2  
No, most people do stay logged in... the "Who's Online" screen just shows those active in the last 10 minutes.

The only reason you would want to log out is if you were using a public computer that other people had access to... if you were and staled logged in, others could post under your name. But if it's your computer and nobody else uses it, that shouldn't be a worry.

I stay logged in. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Logging into/out TBN #3  
Bob, I can't remember ever logging out./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Of course, I haven't had time to read many of the posts lately, but I do try to check a little bit each day.

Maybe I'll have a little more time now; sold the farm, moved to town yesterday, and today got broadband Internet service. Wow!, what a change from that slow dial up service out in the country.

/ Logging into/out TBN #4  
Hi Bird,

Was thinking about ya... how's your grandchild doing?

Glad to see ya hooked up high-speed.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Does that mean you'll post another 8000 plus messages twice as fast.../w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Logging into/out TBN #5  
Nice to see you back!

Remember: keep your wrists in good alignment while typing. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

With your broadband you won't be reluctant to open picture attachments.

/ Logging into/out TBN #6  
John & Doc, I doubt that I'll be posting a lot of messages, since I'm so far behind in just reading what's been posted by others. And the old world's changing so fast, and so many new things coming along, that I'd be afraid to answer anyone's questions about things such as tractors 'cause my information and knowledge might be out of date and no longer valid./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Just one example: I've tried to answer several questions about air compressors in the past, since I've used them and/or worked on them most of my life. Well, naturally I sold the big compressor I had in my shop building, but even in town, I knew I'd HAVE to have an air compressor of some sort to blow the dust out of something and/or air up a tire now and then so I did some shopping both on the Internet and in person and found they make some neat stuff that didn't exist 3 or 4 years ago. So now I have a little 40 pound, 2 gallon tank, 1.5 hp OIL-LUBRICATED, CAST IRON CYLINDER compressor. Only time will tell how well they hold up, but it sure LOOKS impressive; not a lot of volume, but plenty of pressure./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

And Doc, my wrists are doing very well now, fortunately.

/ Logging into/out TBN #7  
Good to see ya around again Bird! Something tells me your sage advice on most topics will never be out of date /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Logging into/out TBN #8  
I'm afraid you're wrong, Rob, but thanks anyway./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Logging into/out TBN #9  
<font color=blue>I did some shopping both on the Internet and in person and found... </font color=blue>

That phrase shows you're still curious. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Logging into/out TBN #10  
<font color=blue>So now I have a little 40 pound, 2 gallon tank, 1.5 hp OIL-LUBRICATED, CAST IRON CYLINDER compressor. Only time will tell how well they hold up, but it sure LOOKS impressive; not a lot of volume, but plenty of pressure.</font color=blue>

Hi Bird! What's the make and model of this compressor?