Tractor Sizing Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641

/ Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641
Sounds good. No rush on having to do anything out there except enjoy the time outdoors. If it is wet field, i just don't take it out. The only real push is wanting to do some food plots/over seeding current areas in May. Total of 5-6 acres. With the family, getting 3-4 hour run times will be my max. Same with mowing to the point if it does not get done, nothing is lost. Dependability is my only concern and i think for what i am wanting to do, this should be a good fit. Baby it with a 5 foot mower and a 6 foot disc and hope it starts next time out. I see myself using this a couple of years then stepping up to a newer compact tractor and having the ford be my winter, old man in the garage, restoration project

Thanks to everyone for their comments and help. I am sure i will be back looking for more guidance!

/ Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641 #12  
sounds like a 641 and an over running coupler and a 5' mower ae your ticket then...

/ Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641 #13  
not even close. a 961 has a 172ci engine vs the 641's 134ci engine. figure almost +46% hp.. ie.. 33 vs 48

Didn't realize it was a smaller ci engine. I've operated a couple of old fords and there is something fun about getting them out and working. I love my newer Kubota and it will do a lot of things the Ford wont but I wouldn't get rid of the 961.

/ Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641 #14  
Didn't realize it was a smaller ci engine. I've operated a couple of old fords and there is something fun about getting them out and working. I love my newer Kubota and it will do a lot of things the Ford wont but I wouldn't get rid of the 961.

i'd love to get a 961.. wide or narrow front.. wouldn't matter.

had my eyes on one down here.. but to beat for the $$ they want for it. :)

/ Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641 #15  
We have a 961 and some other Fords. It will out power any of the modern 45 hp diesels that I have tried. It may be hard for some to believe, but the 172 Ford engine has more torque than those new diesels with the same HP rating.

/ Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641 #16  
Those old 961 Fords are so cool looking.

/ Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641 #17  
yep.. i love the rowcrop look.

for those not familiar with some of the rowcrops from ford.. here are a few examples i own.

a ford 950, dual wheel narrow front, single piece pedistal

4000 with a factory wide front and sherman combo tranny

one of my favorites, a 541 offset

a 951 with the less common single tire narrow front

and a 740.. the 'lil brother' as it has a 134ci engine like a 5xx or 6xx series.. vs the 8xx, 9xx and the 4000 172 ci engines.

a33130.jpga12881.jpga124644.jpga108710.jpga10719.jpg

/ Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641 #18  
Soundguy - nice looking tractors. I'm going to throw a picture of mine in just for fun, action pic.

Attachments

• image-1527657237.jpg
    image-1527657237.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 326
   / Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641 #19  
Soundguy - nice looking tractors. I'm going to throw a picture of mine in just for fun, action pic.

I had never thought of brush hogging with one of those, I bet the narrow front makes it nice and maneuverable around obstacles. Very nice.

/ Lokng for first tractor and liking the Ford 641 #20  
one of my favorites, a 541 offset

How dare you have a favorite from those beauties. Joking. All very nice, excellent collection.