Long Hot Summer!

/ Long Hot Summer!
Thomas, I sometimes wonder about the wildlife in the area. Of course, we live across the road from Corps of Engineers lake property (the lake that provides our water) so even though the lake is low, the water's there for the wildlife. But I haven't actually seen as much lately; haven't even seen a deer the last 3 or 4 months, a neighbor mentioned that the coyotes looked fat and healthy earlier in the year and look pretty bad now, we had lots of cottontail rabbits this year, but rarely see one now, so I'm not sure just how bad an effect the weather's had on them, but I sure don't think it's good. But I've seen more Roadrunners in the past month than I've seen in the last 6 years combined. Since the bird books say they're indigenous to the "arid" southwest, is that a bad omen?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Long Hot Summer! #32  
Alan, don't tease us like this. My sister is driving up from Kaufman, TX today to get away from the heat. We're only getting up to 103-104 degrees./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The good news is the humidity is fairly low here in the 20-30% range so it doesn't seem so bad. Those poor folks in south Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana have got to be cooking with the high humidity and heat.

/ Long Hot Summer! #33  
It may be that the weather is changing. Here in SoCal the weather has dropped from its 90's to 100 degrees down to the low 70's for the past week. Had one day of SoCal 'Rain', which consists of a very light mist for a 24 hour period. It was nice because none of it got 'wasted' in runoff. Hopefully this weather pattern will extend out to the drought regions. You Texas folk could sure use it! If nothing more than to keep from loosing your tractor in some of the ground cracks.

/ Long Hot Summer!
Weird weather, all right. 104 degrees before 11 a.m., then about noon a little cloud came over and dropped it to 98, and my granddaughter yelled, "It's raining!" And we got about 6"; that is if you measure by the distance between the drops in the dust on top of the car./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I don't think any of those drops hit my rain gauge.

Bird

/ Long Hot Summer! #35  
Do to the strange weather up here this year it has cancel also hamper some of my plans,/w3tcompact/icons/frown.giffor there will be no bulldozing in my lower field in which I clear earlier this year,filling in tractor ruts,stead of mowing around the spruce trees once I have to mowe twice do to the high wet grass,ditching just can for get about that,lately the sun appears around noonish and useally by late evening there a mist.
I believe there were about 4 days where it hasn't rain durning the summer,we need to dry out up here before its time to harvest the corn fields,and not even a 4wd tractor be much good./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
Its been indeed a /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gifof a weather year.

Thomas..NH