Long Hot Summer!

/ Long Hot Summer!
Von, I didn't think anything but a gun or old age could kill a crow, and darned difficult to do with a gun./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Is that virus getting other critters in the area, too?

Bird

/ Long Hot Summer! #22  
Bird,
By the looks you folks are having a bad time,and up here its rain so much the famers are still trying to get there second cut of hay in and doing field damage doing so.
It seems mother nature trying to tell us something or punishing us.

I hope you folks are doing fine.

Take care and stay /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ Long Hot Summer! #23  
Bird,
Yes it will kill people too! as well as livestock. A horse died a few weeks ago. It is spread by mosquito bites so they might start spraying soon. If the bugs don't get you, the poison will! I guess I just have to stay inside.

Von

/ Long Hot Summer! #24  
Von, Where are you located?? I'm in Syracuse NY and they've been spraying for the past few weeks for w nile based on dead birds. I haven't heard yet of any larger animals but I know that's the fear. We have 4 horses and my wife's very interested when I told her about the horse. Hope maybe you live FAR away??

/ Long Hot Summer!
Thomas, around here everyone starting cutting and baling hay a lot earlier than they do in your part of the country, so they got a second cutting on some of it, like coastal, but others, like the haygrazer, probably won't make a second cutting unless it rains pretty soon. If it would rain pretty soon, they can still cut hay as late as into October. And of course, with the drought, the ranchers who haven't sold off their cattle are already feeding hay and have been for some time. There were just a few little brief scattered showers in some areas around here today. My wife said she drove through a small one about 15 miles from home going to pick up some grandkids for the weekend, but we didn't get any in my immediate area; 106 degrees this afternoon.

Bird

/ Long Hot Summer! #26  
Gerard,
I'm in Fairport, which is outside of Rochester. The horse was somewhere near NYC that died. It was on the news last night.

Von

/ Long Hot Summer! #27  
What worries me about the west nile is that fall is coming and the birds that fly south for the winter. I'm in Delaware and there have been no cases local that I know of so far--but-- I believe it's only time before the worst happens. I surely hope it doesn't. Dealing with deer ticks in bad enough around here, we sure don't need any more problems.
gordon

/ Long Hot Summer! #28  
It was 106 today here north of Dallas when it came a TURD FLOATER for about 15 minutes!!!!. Luckily I was rescued as I was floating downstream.

Well it wasn't a lot, but it was beautiful. There were actually puddles of a liquid substance in road.

/ Long Hot Summer! #29  
Alan, are you sure it wasn't from someone who couldn't wait to get to the bathroom? ;o) With all that heat and drought, you could have been halucinating!

/ Long Hot Summer! #30  
Bird,
I have no idea what you folks are going thru other than what I watch on the news plus this web site,but I must say you folks have grit!!
How does the wildlife in your area act to this problem?
Hang in there my friend...okay.

Stay safe and /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH