Look for advice on tractor purchase

/ Look for advice on tractor purchase #1  

Rlyons124

Tractor
None
Hello all, I’m looking for a new tractor. I have a budget of 20k but would like to spend closer to 10k. I have 30 acres with about 10 acres of field that I am trying to turn into pasture. I will be using it primarily for brush hogging and hopefully making small bales of hay in the future, maintaining a quarter mile rough road that has two very steep hills, dragging/lifting large logs and anything else it can do to help build a house and barn.

Below are a couple examples of what I am thinking of, some are sold, some are pending. Just looking for advice on era and type. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Newer 4x4 tractor at top of budget

Newer 4x4 tractor at top of budget

Older large 2wd tractor mod budget

Older 2wd at lower end of budget

Older smaller 4x4 low budget

Smallest old cheap

/ Look for advice on tractor purchase #2  
Of those I’d by far pick the Kubota. Newer and Kubota has a good reputation.

/ Look for advice on tractor purchase #3  
Those must be on marketplace; care to screenshot or describe them, for the Luddites among us?

/ Look for advice on tractor purchase
Here’s screen shots for the ones I listed.

Attachments

• IMG_1821.png
    IMG_1821.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1822.png
    IMG_1822.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1823.png
    IMG_1823.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1824.png
    IMG_1824.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1825.png
    IMG_1825.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
   / Look for advice on tractor purchase #6  
Beware of scams. $10K won't get you much
^This!

When I was tractor shopping a few years ago EVERY ONE of the "too good to be true" deals turned out to be a scam. Yes, they provided great pics of the tractors that were supposedly for sale. But when I asked to actually see the tractors in person before buying, suddenly the tractors were a thousand miles away and they would ship them to me if I would first forward some money.

/ Look for advice on tractor purchase #7  
To me the Mahindra with less than 400 hours looks like a nice deal.
i own a Ford 6610 just like the picture but mine appears to be in much better condition

/ Look for advice on tractor purchase
Beware of scams. $10K won't get you much
Thanks all for the heads up on scams. Unfortunately, they are pretty common but easy to identify. Does anyone else have some input on the different options available for 5k to 20k? Older, newer, 2wd, MFWD, I'm not sure exactly what I will need to get the jobs done. For example, will a 3000-4000 lbs 30-40 horse tractor clean up a rough steep road with a box blade or drag a 2000-3000- lbs log out of the woods? From everything that I have read on this forum people say get the biggest tractor you can afford. I can get a 4020 for 15K but I think that is too big, cool to have though.

/ Look for advice on tractor purchase #9  
Seems like a front end loader would be a very useful and important option for the work you’re looking to do.
That Mahindra 5555 with front loader and four wheel drive with less than 400 hours on it sure seems like an excellent deal. Yes be on the lookout for Facebook scams Facebook is scammer’s heaven !

/ Look for advice on tractor purchase #10  
2wd was the norm many years ago, but I would not consider a 2wd in anything but the much heavier tractors. I believe a 3000-4000 lb machine with 4wd will handle the tasks you mention. Not saying 4wd is the "end all" in tractors, but a definite plus in the 30-40hp range you mention.
Happy shopping!