Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe
I did order it Friday. Its going to be nice.

The Kioti wasn't a huge problem, but the hyd pump housing crystalized at about 100 hours, they fixed it, then the shift link broke in the tranny, they used a cheap bolt in it and the bolt broke, then the clutch blew at 200 hours. That one they didn't cover under warranty. The only problem is I had to haul it 200 miles to get work done on it. That got old. It took all day to go over and back and they always took a month to fix it. There is another dealer west of me but he is farther (and I am sure better). The JD dealer is a mile from the house. Its going to be nice. I like many of the things on the 3320 already and havent even gotten it yet. Can't wait till it gets here.

I did order the vertical exhaust for it too. They said water isn't a problem, it has weep holes in the bottom and I store it inside, and the other drawbacks weren't drawbacks to me. I just thought it looked cool. Pretty sick eh!

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #12  
I did order it Friday. Its going to be nice.

I did order the vertical exhaust for it too. They said water isn't a problem, it has weep holes in the bottom and I store it inside, and the other drawbacks weren't drawbacks to me. I just thought it looked cool. Pretty sick eh!

Congratulations. Aside from looking cool the vertical exhaust will help keep your FEL cleaner. The standard exhaust exit leaves diesel crud on the FEL park stand.

If you are getting the BH especially and even if not have the dealer set the wheels to wider position. Depending on which tires you ordered and if using MMM there could be some conflict with front tires.

I don't think this one had the option of moving the tires out. I looked at that but it was on a bigger machine. Man, waiting sux. Hope it gets here early.

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #14  
I don't think this one had the option of moving the tires out. I looked at that but it was on a bigger machine. Man, waiting sux. Hope it gets here early.

Take a look here in the manual

OMLVU19809_L8

See section "changing wheel spacing and tread width"

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #15  

As far as I know it doesn't have weep holes, but I don't think you'd have problems if it was outside anyway because of the turn out tip on the end. Some people have complained about having to remove the stack to open the hood, but to me that sounds like complaining about having to open the bag to have chips. The kit is definately worth it's weight in gold though, the best thing about it is that it gets the fumes up and away so that you aren't breathing as many. Congrats on the purchase, BTW

I asked about having to take the stack off to open the hood. They took me over to one that had the stack on it and opened the hood. You don't have to take it off. I have heard that too, thats why I asked. I don't know where that comes from but the stack is outside the hood. Its not in the way.

I need the tractor like today, it won't be in for another couple weeks. I called and they are bringing a loaner tomorrow. You have to like that. Good company.

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #17  
The 3x20 machines are very very nice machines. The ergonomics are particularly good on the JDs. The Kubota Grand Ls are better compared to them rather than the L3400 (which is what I have) however.

You've made a good choice - I'm sure you are going to enjoy it!

I looked at that kubota but the treddle peddle doesn't work with my broken ankle. I don't have much motion in it and I could hardly make it go backwards. The deere is way easier.

I called the other day and they brought me an older Kubota loaner to get some work done. I miss my deere and I havne't even driven it yet. When I get off this thing, my legs kill, my hands hurt for 2 days and my back aches. I can only ride it about 35 minutes at a time. The clutch is tighter than anything I have ever used. You would get strong legs using it. It does a good job though. Tougher than heck.

I hope I can work the deere better, but with all my injuries, I still won't be able to use it for more than about 30 to 45 minutes at a time.

/ Looking at a JD 3320 with 300cx and 485 backhoe #19  
I asked about having to take the stack off to open the hood. They took me over to one that had the stack on it and opened the hood. You don't have to take it off. I have heard that too, thats why I asked. I don't know where that comes from but the stack is outside the hood. Its not in the way.

I need the tractor like today, it won't be in for another couple weeks. I called and they are bringing a loaner tomorrow. You have to like that. Good company.

It must not have been a 3320, unless they've change the design, which I'm pretty sure they haven't done either. It could have been a customized design, but that wouldn't make sense for the dealer to show you one like that. For all the 3k and 4k series tractors, except the 3E series, the vertical exhaust mounts on a newly supplied elbow that comes off of the muffler, and then the stack goes through a hole that has to be drilled in the hood. The stack always has to be removed when you open the hood, but honestly how many times are you going to be opening the hood?, not many, maybe once a month, if that.

:cool:

I hope its like the one they showed me. I don't really want to screw with taking it off every time.