Looking at a LK3054

/ Looking at a LK3054 #21  
Congratulations Chris! I just can't understand why something like a tractor, loader and backhoe would get stuck! Did you use the loader and backhoe to get out? I haven't been able to stick mine to where the loader wouldn't hobble me out, which is wonderful. Looking forward to your pictures. Enjoy! John

/ Looking at a LK3054
Nah, it wasn't that bad, I had another exit out of the field (swamp), I just had to turn it. It clawed it's way out, with a little help from the diff lock. I'm not sure what the total weight is, probably around 5000lbs, and I'm going to have to learn to judge when the ground is firm enough to handle it. There are two sides to the weight thing! I've just been impatient to fix the drainage problem in that field, because I can see what needs to be done, but it will have to wait until the ground is firm enough. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I didn't get around to taking the pictures, as I was too busy using it to do some grading behind my barn, as well as showing it off to neighbors! It's great! So far my impression of the shuttle shift is very positive, and I don't think the mechanical (not synchro) shuttle is a very big deal. It would be a long time until I'm fast enough to miss the second or two it takes to stop, and I'm going so slow I barely need the brakes anyway. Maybe on a hill.

I got to use the backhoe, but I was into the roots of a very big tree that was cut down maybe 2yrs ago, so that was rather frustrating. The roots are big and still very solid, so I gave up on them & was able to slope it properly leaving them there.

I'm really very pleased with it, and have not found anything seriously lacking feature-wise, at least nothing I would have wanted badly enough to pay more for. The operator station is truly crowded, so if mobility is an issue that could be a problem, but other than that I think the LK3054 is a heck of a deal. The new XS version would only be better. I just have to get people to quit calling it a Kubota!

/ Looking at a LK3054 #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just have to get people to quit calling it a Kubota! )</font> That's so funny. Friday, that happened to me too when I was talking to a man about bush hogging his old retention pond. He was looking right at the tractor and said, "Oh you have a nice Kubota." I laughed and told him to look again, and be careful, the tractor may attack as it is a Kioti. I think it's great that you're getting a chance to try everything out. I know a lot of people are in such bad cold weather they're not getting much seat time. I think you'll love that tractor a little more every day you get to use it. I know that's happened to me with my CK20. John

/ Looking at a LK3054 #24  
<font color="blue"> I just have to get people to quit calling it a Kubota! </font>

The women in my neighborhood get together for wine tasting and chit chat. Turns out all the husbands are jealous/envious of my tractor and are bugging the wives so they can get one. One woman asked my wife how I could afford a $40,000 kubota. My wife shrugged her shoulders and smiled. The funny thing is not one guy has approached me... stubborn pride I guess. I knocked on a complete strangers door that I pass on the way to work after I saw he had bot a new tractor. He was more then happy to show me his new pride and joy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif