Looking at an Allis Chalmers 5015

/ Looking at an Allis Chalmers 5015 #11  
There is a Kubota L245DT which would be a little bigger with a wider wheel base. I would have to replace the tires with more turf friendly tires, not sure how much that would cost.
I'd vote for the Kubota, also.

/ Looking at an Allis Chalmers 5015
Thanks for the info Jeff, the Kubota sounds like a better fit overall. My property is usually pretty firm in the summer but the spring can be pretty wet, those tires would likely tear it up pretty good, any idea what a set of tires and rims would be on it. I like your idea of the wider turf tires for stability as well.

/ Looking at an Allis Chalmers 5015 #14  
Those tires will be fine. I run ag tires on a very heavy tractor cutting grass with a 20' finish mower and have no problems in wet turf. As Jeff says, 2 WD only while grass cutting.

/ Looking at an Allis Chalmers 5015 #15  
Any idea what size tires and rims be appropriate? I like your idea of the wider turf tires for stability as well.

No.

But if you post your question in the TIRES forum you will likely get several answers.

Kubota L245 Dimensions​

Rear tread:41.125 to 55.375 inches
104 to 140 cm

With ag tires you should have 14" of rear wheel spread available, which will make the Kubota potentially more stable with spread ag tires than turf tires. I encourage you to try the ag tires before spending for turf tires.

I SPECULATE two rear Turf Tires without rims will cost ~ $600.

Last edited:
The tractor I am looking at has 2900 hours, I'm guessing that's up there. Should that be a turn off?

/ Looking at an Allis Chalmers 5015 #17  
The tractor I am looking at has 2900 hours, I'm guessing that's up there. Should that be a turn off?

2,900 engine hours would be middle age for a gas engine tractor, not for a diesel.

Well maintained diesel compact tractors often go 10,000 engine hours with only routine diesel engine oil + filter maintenance.

Look for one owner, owner operated, inside stored Kubota with some type of maintenance record.
( 2,900 engine hours / ~ 40 years = <73 engine hours per year = consistent with residential, non-commercial use. )

Avoid employee operated/commercailly used tractor.

Ask for the Operator's Manual when you inspect the tractor.

Last edited:
What about an IH 235? It's a lot closer than the Kubota. There is Kubota B8200 within range.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-223154.png
    Screenshot_20220511-223154.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20220511-231551.png
    Screenshot_20220511-231551.png
    862.5 KB · Views: 56
   / Looking at an Allis Chalmers 5015 #19  
Here is a LINK to tractor data.com:

You have exhausted the time I have for you.
I suggest starting a fresh thread.
Leave out all reference to your Case 446.
Focus on your applications for a replacement tractor.
Add your LOCATION to your T-B-N PROFILE.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks I appreciate the input, it has opened my eyes to some other things to think about, including size, Pto type, as well as some things to look at when I go to see any potential purchases. Thanks