Looking at Mahindra 3016's

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #1  

VTland2clear

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 CK3510H, WR Long bucket grapple, 4010 loader
Greetings all,

New to the forum, and looking to pull the trigger on a compact tractor by October. After waffling about rebuilding an old Cub Cadet 149 Hydro and adding frontloader/backhoe capabilities, I have decided to invest in a larger machine altogether. Right now I have about 60 acres of Vermont woodlands and fields to manage, but will eventually have only 32 acres. The 32 acre property is raw land, and mostly steep. It has been logged by a skilled company, and now needs several years of finish work. Multiple driveways to manage and at least one house site to clear, I am looking for a forestry tractor.

Narrowing the size I need down to the John Deere 3000 series, I spent this past week going to every JD dealership in the area and pricing out 3032E models with FEL. Sticker shock - nothing less than 23K for FEL, loaded rear tires, and pallet forks. And that's for the Economy version.
Kubotas were my first inquiry, but I ruled them out because the price was on par with Deere, and if I was spending this much I want green paint. I still need to get an "out the door" quote from my local Mahindra dealer, my guess is it will be several thousand less than the Deere.

Major reasons edging me towards the Mahindra, is the extra weight of the 3016 over the 3032E. The basic tractor is wider in the rear, and the rims can be reversed to create significant offset, which I need for my steep hills. The John Deere, no such rims, only spacers available from the dealer. The 3016's impressive FEL hydraulics are another major selling point, since I want to be able to lift and haul trees. Even if the prices end up being close, I feel that the Mahindra brings better specs.

I also read that some people get private financing rather than dealer financing, and that is what spurred me to make a post. What is the benefit of a private loan? can you negotiate more hardball-style with the dealer when you have your own financing?

I need this tractor to finish my post and beam cabin and haul the trees I am cutting for milling. I need a machine put to work by mid/late October, what is the typical turnaround for New England dealerships? My Mahindra dealer had most every model except the 3016, I certainly need to test one first.

Thanks for input in advance, I promise pictures of this thing in action.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #2  
I have a 3016 shuttle I had to call around to find one I love it I have owned 3 kubota before this machine I would compare the 3016 to my kubota b3200 all where tlb no comparison I love the Mahindra we'll build a power house

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #3  
If you like the specs on the 3016 check out a kioti ck or the new kioti nx 35 hp. I think the loader lifts something like 1800 pounds and I'll bet it prices out close to the others that you are looking at. Possibly less. I was impressed by the 3016 specs but when I went to check one out I felt it wasn't for me.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #4  
3016's are getting really hard to find as they were discontinued last year. But I think they are about the best bang for the buck out there. They are exceptionally well made, tough tractors.

I am extremely pleased with mine.

Kioti was #2 on my buying list.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's
Yes I see that my local Mahindra dealer didn't have any 3016's on hand, and I have been reading they were only Tier 3, which explains their phaseout.

Looking at the Kioti CK30, the numbers are better. Full 30 HP over 28, the CK30 is 3,184 lbs, vs. the 3016's 2,437lb. I want weight for stability where I am working, as well as loading the tires. The Mahindra 3016's were a little wider, but a couple of inches isn't as important given the major difference in weight.

I have a dealer not too far away I can check out this week, and see how the Kioti's feel. Appreciate the input!

Mike in Vermont.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #6  
I don't think the Kioti ck 30 is narrower the speck of 55 in is with agg tires. With r4s it is like 62-63 inches.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #7  
If you like the specs on the 3016 check out a kioti ck or the new kioti ck 3510. I think the loader lifts something like 1800 pounds and I'll bet it prices out close to the others that you are looking at. Possibly less. I was impressed by the 3016 specs but when I went to check one out I felt it wasn't for me.
Revised.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's
At this point I am now leaning heavily towards the Kioti CK30HST. I have a dealer not too far north that I will visit on Friday, and get a feel for the machine. Thinking a lot about size, I realize that I need maneuverability, as much as brute strength. It is worth mentioning that my neighbors maintain the town roads, and can take care of any heavy dirt work projects. For a compact logging rig, the Kioti looks perfect. I will need offsets, the more the better, I will price out aftermarket before asking the dealer. Loaded rears are a must.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #9  
Post back how you like it. My tractor is almost the same as the kioti CK. Everyone is different but for me I just felt everything was where it was supposed to be and comfortable. The only thing that I was not crazy about was the heel toe rocker style hydrostatic controller. I thought I would've preferred The two separate petals. But now that I have the rocker I'm glad it's the way that it is. It makes accidentally hitting the wrong petal very difficult and makes using implements while your backing up much easier because you can turn more sideways in the seat. I do not have much experience with the new CK 3510 I know it is a tier 4, a little lighter and comes with less standard features but is a little quieter and has a higher lift capacity on the loader. Probably be worth checking those out while you're there.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #10  
The reason people do private financing is to get the lower cash price. You have do out all the calculations out to see what is the best deal. Most loans have no penalty for early repayment, but some do. Good luck.