Looking at Mahindra 3016's

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #11  
I have a 3216 Hydro for the last 6 years or so. I do very similar work to what you do and for the price that I got it, was a 08 left over but came with the 5 year warranty I could not have done better. I think is was 16,500 with loader and pallet forks. I use it more as a logging tool than a tractor, lifting logs with forks, dragging them out. Every time I go into the dealer he is trying to sell me a bigger tractor but I think anything bigger would be too big. I have only had one break down over the years and that was the splines on the front drive shaft and coupler stripped. I think this was more my fault than anything else, I was pushing very heavy stumps up hill on the forks.
Good luck with your decision.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's
So finally got a test drive of the Kioti CK3510, and am really impressed. Much higher finish level than the higher price JD E series, great features and a stable feeling. I will be visiting an in-state dealership tomorrow to test a 2510, but the 3510 is much more tractor. Had a great experience with my local dealer in Enfield, nh, had a one-on-one with the owner for my entire time there. Very knowledgeable, but I have to check my VT dealers, which may be a priority. Since i will be financing, importing and not paying the VT sales tax will not get me far, I know this state well. They will find you.

Price estimates over the phone for VT dealers were comparable, new CK3510 with FEL, 18.5k, 2510 with FEL for 15k. Prices in tax-free NH were close, and included loaded rears, bucket blade, hooks welded on. Both have free or nearly free delivery.

Would like to thank these forums for all the info, seems like homework every evening reading on here, but i learned all that is tractors in a very short amount of time. Because of this knowledge I feel confident in my decision, although it was very overwhelming at first!

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #13  
Great thanks for the update I'm looking forward to hearing how whichever one you choose works out for you. I think that ck3510 is going to be a impressive machine.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #14  
VTlandtoclear;
After looking at the CK2510, please let us know what you think; I too am looking at one of these liking its husky built looks. Also, if buying in NH will VT make you pay their tax, how will they know you bought something not needing to be licensed? just curious is all as we face that issue here in WA when buying something in tax free Oregon.

Ricn

The reason I am concerned with the VT sales tax is after doing lots of reading on the TBN, most States get you with a use-tax, often a year or two later if at all. If you finance something, it possible for VT to get sales and lien information through the Vermont Kioti dealerships, showing a resident like me having bought in NH. Hopefully my in-state dealerships can match the price, because I would prefer to spend my money locally anyway.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #16  
The answer to the tax issue is obvious!
Don't finance through the Kioti dealership.
Get cash some other way!
A PERSONAL, (or home improvement) loan. You NEED a tractor to maintain your property.
Don't give the bank any tractor brand, serial number,or model information.

Update: new Kioti CK3510 on the way. Made a post in the Kioti section. Final dealer I looked at had a state of Vermont agriculture form that they filled out for me on signing. It nulls the sales tax since I will be managing garden plots, this combined with the best price offer was a slam dunk. A big thanks to the TBN for wealth of knowledge that are these forums.

/ Looking at Mahindra 3016's #18  
Great let us know how you like it. Those look like very nice machines.