looking at new tractors LS? Kioti?

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #1  

Fastshivy

Tractor
John Deere 1023
Hi All,
I have the tractor bug and currently have a John Deere 1023 (no Loader) I have a belly mower. sprayer, tiller, bush hog, and a few other implements. I will keep the JD as i mow 25 yards and empty lots with it. The tractor is great, but a little squirelly with over 300lbs on the rear. Main problem is height of tires and front end lift. I work on inclines frequently and do work the z turns can't touch. I am looking at the LS Xr and XG series with a front end loader.... somewhere in the 30-38hp range. Does anyone have any experience with these tractors? good bad? I see alot of low hr LS for sale and makes me wonder did they buy and have problems? I cut timber, do yard work, mulching, hauling, clean ups, you name it....whatever pays!

Any suggestions for an upgrade would be appreciated. jd kubota Kioti Ls are all in the running
Thanks

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #3  
If you hit the FORUMS tab, then cursor down, there a dedicated forums for both Kioti and LS where you can read for hours and hours.

There are four brands of Korean tractors imported: Kioti, LS, TYM and Branson. Kyoto and LS seem to be thriving.

You have to increase tractor weight by 50% before you notice much of an increase in capability. It take doubling tractor weight to make you say WOW!

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #4  
Recently upgraded from a JD2210 to a LS XR3135HC. Only 10 hours on it but very happy.
Like someone else said go to the brand specific forums, you will find a lot of info. I think you will find that most LS owners are very happy.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #5  
I don't own an LS but have read most of their threads. Very high satisfaction level, if you have a good local dealer, doubt you will
go wrong. These CUT's are very similar and if you looked at JD, Kubota, Kioti, LS, Yanmar, etc you will likely be quite pleased with whatever you get. Just picking up a FEL will greatly increase the jobs you can do. I'd pay attention to ergonomics of hydrostatic use and FEL levers; sit in several tractors and make sure they "fit".

If you use the search function, you might be able to find a thread on your specific model but reading the LS forums would be a good use of your time. JD and Kubota will usually be the most expensive, then the others coming in 10 to 30 percent less. I looked at JD, Kubota and Kioti when I was looking; LS was not around yet. Now I would look at them too.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti?
Thanks for response, I got interested in Korean stuff after buying a Kia Sorento.....at 50,000 miles and ZERO problems, still has original tires. The Ls looks like you get a lot more for your money 3 spd hydro vs 2 for jd, bigger pump, more load capacity, higher lift etc. I have 1100 hrs on my jd with only a solenoid going bad so great little starter tractor. I do not like the idea of tier 4 emissions on a tractor and hopefully the EPA will be reigned in a little in the next few years.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #7  
Tier 4 is reality. Perhaps Tier 5 will be delayed.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #8  
If I'm not mistaken Kia & LS are manufactured by the same company. You are correct on more options for less when purchasing the LS, at least in my purchase. I love my small (23 hp) LS.
Thanks for response, I got interested in Korean stuff after buying a Kia Sorento.....at 50,000 miles and ZERO problems, still has original tires. The Ls looks like you get a lot more for your money 3 spd hydro vs 2 for jd, bigger pump, more load capacity, higher lift etc. I have 1100 hrs on my jd with only a solenoid going bad so great little starter tractor. I do not like the idea of tier 4 emissions on a tractor and hopefully the EPA will be reigned in a little in the next few years.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #9  
If I'm not mistaken Kia & LS are manufactured by the same company.
not quite but in same territory. South Korea has huge industrial complexes called cabals, and Hyundai is one of them, whose less expensive car line is Kia. Hyundai also makes the largest ships/super tankers in the world, remarkable company. Another cabal is LG, short for Lucky Goldstar, which also makes tractors under the LS brand. LG "owns" LS. These companies are known for excellent engineering, good cars, good tractors... The South Koreans are giving the Japanese a real run for their money and products.
My Kubota had all the bells and whistles when it was built, auto this and auto that, which some of the South Korean brands have not yet adopted.
But they will...imitation is surely the best flattery. We also call it copying...marketers call it product enhancement.

I looked carefully at a JD 4720 and an equivalent Kioti product. They were all good, JD and Kubota five years ago were simply the most sophisticated tractors out there, but I doubt there is much difference now. I'm sure you will be guided by price, features and dealer.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #10  
Got a Branson dealer handy? Give them a shot. You may be glad you did. I was.

One caution, depending on where you live, you may not have one close enough for day to day problems. However a lot of parts are just a couple of days away via UPS; some, unique or less frequently used have to come from Korea as is the case with other brands I'm sure. The few problems I have had over the years have been self induced except for the wiring of the air seat compressor on my 6530. I think that was an after market addition at the Georgia facility and could have had more thought. I have completed all the repairs myself, working alone, with the help of the Plainview, TX. distributor.

For the record, I have Ford/NH/Kabota/Case-IH/JD and who knows who else within 30 miles of my house and when/if I need something from one of them I look up the part in my manual if I have one, or on the www, or they email me a page out of the manual and I order it over the phone with UPS OR USPS delivery so it no big deal that they are 30 miles away.