looking at new tractors LS? Kioti?

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #11  
3 years and 175 hours on my LS XR3037HC and very happy with it. Main reasons for purchase were:
More HP (36) than prior tractor, best price, came with more options standard, I like the cab and controls layout, fit and finish seems quality built, heat and A/C. Built my own power angle snow plow and it works great. Also added a hydraulic thumb to my forks and bucket. Dealer is excellent for ordering parts (filters are all I've needed so far). Kioti was the next best for price when I was shopping.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #12  
I am also looking. Have looked at LS, Kioti and Mahindra. In the next couple of weeks I will be testing out a 58 HP LS. It appears at this time you can get an LS with a lot more features for less money compared to the other brands.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #13  
I believe LS supplies New Holland with their compact tractors. So check the reviews on those as well. My dealership supplies McCormick, Deutz, Antonio Carraro and LS. The compact tractors are all LS. I asked why and the sale man said that they offer the best bang for the buck in that size tractor.

Texasmark, you can get parts at your McCormick dealership. Their compact X series tractors are made by Branson.

Take care
870Wing

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #14  
I believe LS supplies New Holland with their compact tractors. So check the reviews on those as well. My dealership supplies McCormick, Deutz, Antonio Carraro and LS. The compact tractors are all LS. I asked why and the sale man said that they offer the best bang for the buck in that size tractor.

Texasmark, you can get parts at your McCormick dealership. Their compact X series tractors are made by Branson.

Take care
870Wing

I looked at a new 2016 35ish HP NH and the VIN tag on the back did indeed say LS Tractor on it.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #15  
South Korea has huge industrial complexes called cabals, and Hyundai is one of them, whose less expensive car line is Kia.

Less expensive is relative. I attended the Detroit Auto Show last month and wandered onto the Kia display. They had a K900 on display with a sticker that was well north of $60,000!:eek:

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #16  
LG "owns" LS.

That hasn't been true since 2003. LG and LS are both controlled by the Koo family, but LG doesn't own LS. It's somewhat complicated, but LS separated from LG in 2003 and has been independent since then. The confusion is probably linked to having the same people control both companies.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #17  
Took delivery of an LS 4140 last June and couldn't be happier with it. This is an awesome tractor in fit, finish and function.
Had a JD 770 I bought new in 1990...it was always a bit to little tractor for my needs, but held up well. Have used my brother's Kubota, and looked at new JDs and NHs after my little JD was damaged when my home burned last March. All excellent tractors, but major sticker shock!
Got a new LS shuttle (I like gears) XR 4140 Cab for less than comparable JD, Kubota, or NH without cab. It has been their equal in quality and performance in the 160+ hrs I've put on it so far. Zero hassle with Tier 4, it doesn't affect functioning when regenerating...I continue without a hitch for the brief time it has taken so far during regeneration and I don't miss the diesel stink it prevents.
Have used it moving huge volumes of sand around new home we're building. Have put in a long road for my daughter...5 loads of 4 inch broken rock and 12 loads of road gravel. Have a set of forks with a grapple, box blade, rake, loader mounted snowplow, and 3 pt snow blower. Have used all, plus a pto driven chipper with zero problems with tractor. Use a ballast box with approx. 800lbs in it to offset huge loads on loader...has handled this easily and stably. Love the larger than usual front wheels/tires.
I'm brand agnostic; but this LS is a real pleasure to own and use, a lot of bang for the buck.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #18  

That hasn't been true since 2003. LG and LS are both controlled by the Koo family, but LG doesn't own LS. It's somewhat complicated, but LS separated from LG in 2003 and has been independent since then. The confusion is probably linked to having the same people control both companies.

thanks, I guess really more of another company under the corporate banner.

/ looking at new tractors LS? Kioti? #19  

Take care
870Wing

Thank you sir. I'll check that out.