Looking for a winch for my tractor

/ Looking for a winch for my tractor #41  
You could put a couple quick connectors in the dump/curl circuit of the FEL and Bob's your uncle.

So my Jeep and electric winch is useless, ... Now I have to go out and buy hydraulic ram, get long hydraulic hoses and quick connects and a lot of cable chokers and chains and what knots and have to struggle to lash it all up when or if I have a problem.... Sorry at 74 I think electric winch is a lot easier to work with...

Dale

/ Looking for a winch for my tractor #42  
IMG_1049.JPG
I'll stick with my 9000 lb. portable electric winch. Plugs into a receiver or it can be chained to a tree if necessary.

/ Looking for a winch for my tractor #43  
View attachment 584713
I'll stick with my 9000 lb. portable electric winch. Plugs into a receiver or it can be chained to a tree if necessary.

Neat setup. Remember the hobby welder motto " A grinder and paint makes me appear the welder I ain't"

/ Looking for a winch for my tractor #44  
Calking and paint works even better! Who knew you could lay such a nice bead?

/ Looking for a winch for my tractor #45  
What I lack in welding skills I make up for with quantity of weld and bracing.

/ Looking for a winch for my tractor #46  
Same here. Trying to correct a less than perfect weld always results in lots of filler! Nicly done and good penetration, just too much! I have made millions of solder connections and got spoiled, for if there was ever too much you just heat it up and shake it away or suck it up.

/ Looking for a winch for my tractor #47  
So my Jeep and electric winch is useless, ... Now I have to go out and buy hydraulic ram, get long hydraulic hoses and quick connects and a lot of cable chokers and chains and what knots and have to struggle to lash it all up when or if I have a problem.... Sorry at 74 I think electric winch is a lot easier to work with...

Dale

You said "Sadly my tractor has no power beyond for hydraulics". Most people would take that to mean you'd like to have power beyond. So I gave you a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to tap the existing hydraulic power. Nothing more, nothing less. ;)

/ Looking for a winch for my tractor #48  
From my perspective, it was just a suggestion for another way to skin a cat as they say. If you use a Winch all the time, it's one thing. But to get one self unstuck every blue moon, it's unlikely I would have all the cables, and Anderson connectors ready on short notice for an electric winch.

/ Looking for a winch for my tractor
I am trying to not go overboard. Do you think that a 5000lb electric winch with a snatch block will do the job and not be too large to transport?

/ Looking for a winch for my tractor #50  
You said "Sadly my tractor has no power beyond for hydraulics". Most people would take that to mean you'd like to have power beyond. So I gave you a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to tap the existing hydraulic power. Nothing more, nothing less. ;)

You missed the sarcasm in my remark.... Guess I forget to press sarcasm button...

Besides MF sales brochure states power beyond accessory is available on the GC 1700 series... The part number is actually in sale brochure, unfortunately MF Corporate and local MF dealer can not come up with anything by that part number and when I do Google search of MF part number it come with a youtube video of putting power beyond on a John Deere... Go figure...