Looking for advice for moving large granite block

/ Looking for advice for moving large granite block
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. I found the perfect solution! I will pay my neighbor who has bigger toys than me to do it. Problem solved.

/ Looking for advice for moving large granite block #22  
smart man.

/ Looking for advice for moving large granite block #23  
It's not the number of 'indentured' workers, per se, but the right overseer to 'direct & motivate' them.

How do you know my wife?!

/ Looking for advice for moving large granite block #24  
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. I found the perfect solution! I will pay my neighbor who has bigger toys than me to do it. Problem solved.

No fun in that, what a wasted opportunity for a memory....

/ Looking for advice for moving large granite block
Found a nice surprise when I got home. Finished product.

ForumRunner_20150724_154017.png

/ Looking for advice for moving large granite block #27  
Hopefully someone can give me some advice. I want to move a granite block that is 14in x 6ft x 2ft. I calculated that it is approximately 2300 lbs. I have a MF 1540 hydrostatic with bucket and 3 pt hitch. Before I try anything I want to make sure I am not going to damage the tractor. I am pretty sure that the bucket capacity is well below that. But what about the hitch? Any thoughts and or suggestions. Could it be pushed and/or pulled with the bucket, or again am I asking for trouble?

Thanks for any helpful input.
The 710c will lift it up an more.:D

/ Looking for advice for moving large granite block #28  

:thumbsup: Nice steps! As they say "If money can fix it, it's not a problem." :)