Looking for advice on a 3616

/ Looking for advice on a 3616
So which seat you think is more comfortable?

/ Looking for advice on a 3616 #12  
I have the standard seat and find it very acceptable.

/ Looking for advice on a 3616 #13  
So which seat you think is more comfortable?

The one with the arm rests would be by far. It is a suspension seat, not a simple spring seat. I have never even used my utility tractors with anything other than a suspension seat. I had the dealer change out the spring seat before I picked up the tractor.

A lot of people are happy or maybe I should say satisfied with just the spring seat, try yours and see for yourself. I knew that I would not be, so I had the dealer change it out for me so that I would not have to mess with it after I got the tractor home.

The one with the arm rests would be by far. It is a suspension seat, not a simple spring seat. I have never even used my utility tractors with anything other than a suspension seat. I had the dealer change out the spring seat before I picked up the tractor.

A lot of people are happy or maybe I should say satisfied with just the spring seat, try yours and see for yourself. I knew that I would not be, so I had the dealer change it out for me so that I would not have to mess with it after I got the tractor home.

What did the suspension seat cost you to upgrade from the dealer if you don't mind me asking?

/ Looking for advice on a 3616 #16  
I have the standard seat and find it very acceptable.

You must not have a tender rear butt/back like I have. This seat in the photo looks the same as the Max28 except the Max28 seat has rubber donuts in place of springs.

I added springs in place of the rubber and that helped a lot. Still the stock Mahindra seat belongs on a lawn tractor, not a farm tractor.

/ Looking for advice on a 3616 #17  
So your seat is the same as mine then as the picture I posted?

Looks like it.

I'm sure a fancy seat would be better, but I have no issues with mine. It's not like I sit on it 8-10 hours a day. I never think about it.

BTW, I'm 6 ft 3 and weight 225.

Last edited:
   / Looking for advice on a 3616 #18  
What did the suspension seat cost you to upgrade from the dealer if you don't mind me asking?

He took the factory seat in trade as well as just so happened to have the OEM suspension seat on hand, it was an additional $500 and that was 8 years ago. My understanding is that that same seat if now purchased from Mahindra is close to $1000. :shocked: This is why I recommend the other seat that I recommend. It is the same exact seat with no attached seatbelts and no Mahindra logo for the now on sale price of $330. :thumbsup:

One other thing, when I am able to use my equipment, it is common for me to be in the seat from 6-12 hours at a time and I have always been comfortable for these lengths of time. ;)

What do you guys all recommend for moving snow? Just the loader bucket, box plow??

/ Looking for advice on a 3616 #20  
I used the bucket and a rear blade with good success in the snowiest winter on record here.