Looking for help with a leaking washing machine

/ Looking for help with a leaking washing machine #1  

snpower

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere GT235, GT 275, 1025R
Morning,

I know - odd post ! We have a four year old Maytag Bravos, model MVWX550. It's a HE top loader, and it just started putting a puddle of water on the floor during use. I removed the panel that covers the cold/hot intake valves, since there is also a water streak running down the backside of the unit. The area around the valves had water in it. I cleaned it up, and ran a load of clothes. There was a drip or two to come out of the housing underneath where the valves are, and that was it until I got to the rinse cycle. Then as the washer filled up, water crept up from the housing into the area where the valves are. This is also when it started to leak onto the floor. I don't know anything about appliances, sounds like some sort of gasket/seal issue to me. I'm hoping someone can help and I've attached some pictures. Thanks.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

/ Looking for help with a leaking washing machine #2  
I'm no expert by any means but from your arrows it almost looks like the water was coming from the hose where it connects. Maybe check the rubber washer and tightness first, it's the cheap easy thing, go into it more if that's not it, by that I mean remove more of the sheet metal so you can see better. With what looks like plastic valve or whatever that is could be a hairline crack. Something else to do is google it, there are no repair people for appliances in this town, everyone just throws it out and buys a new one but I have fixed our dryer, dishwasher, stove and old washer just from Google and YouTube, ordering parts online is a pain but waiting two days for parts is mild compared to paying a repair man to drive 1 1/2 to 2 hours travel time.

/ Looking for help with a leaking washing machine #3  
Sorry about the hose idea I was just looking closer at your picture and re-read what you wrote. Definitely need to get better access to see what you have though.

/ Looking for help with a leaking washing machine #4  
I can't offer much more than the last poster, it could be a hairline crack in the water valve, but you just have to get a good light and operate the machine and watch it to see where the water is coming from. It is easy to replace. There are lots of places on the web to order the parts.

/ Looking for help with a leaking washing machine
It took some disciplined watching, and a big flashlight... but I determined the leak to be coming from the underside of the cold water intake valve. $60.00 part will be here tomorrow. Feels good to fix something instead of paying $$$ to have someone else do it!!!

/ Looking for help with a leaking washing machine #6  
It took some disciplined watching, and a big flashlight... but I determined the leak to be coming from the underside of the cold water intake valve. $60.00 part will be here tomorrow. Feels good to fix something instead of paying $$$ to have someone else do it!!!

Yes, it does. And it is not all about the money, it is the joy of knowing you accomplished something by yourself that you weren't sure you could do before.

/ Looking for help with a leaking washing machine #7  
I would replace the plastic hose with a braided one just for S's&G's. It never hurts/.

/ Looking for help with a leaking washing machine #8  
Wow. 60 bucks now The last time I replace those valves it was 15 bucks. I guess every thing is going up.