Comparison Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #11  
   / Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #12  
Practically any of the modern CUT tractors, regardless of brand, are going to be good. I could be happy with almost any of them, though I personally like the Massey line.

If dealer support is important, then pick the dealerships you find acceptable, get seat time on the tractors you're considering (you will find which ones "feel" right for you, and which ones don't) ... Then make a deal on one.

Good luck!

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #13  
I have Kubota B26TLB and LS P7010C tractors. Both have worked flawlessly and both have good fit and finish and I like both of them. I got the big utility LS model P7010C (cab model) when I was looking for a 50 HP tractor with cab because I could get the 70 HP for the same or less price than Kubota, MF, NH or JD in 50 HP size.

I don't know if you have a dealer near you but it might be worth checking out on the LS tractor website for a near by dealer. I have had no problem getting any service parts for mine.

By the way, I love my TLB and wouldn't ever be without a backhoe now that I have one.

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #14  
. . . .

By the way, I love my TLB and wouldn't ever be without a backhoe now that I have one.

I agree with one caveat. Assuming I could keep one tractor with a FEL, I'd trade my TLB for a mini-excavator. The ability to dig, move, dig and move, with no setup in between, would sure speed up some jobs. For sure it would make digging up tree roots a lot faster.

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #15  
your woods, and your snow... i am wondering if a 4in1 bucket might serve you better. being able to have generic bucket, then kinda of a grapel to deal with twigs and like, and then turn it into more of a dozer blade / snow blade.

i am having a hard time with you wanting R4 tires. more so knowing how ugly they are in mud/snow. they simply "float" and get stuck quick. vs R1 / ag tires. i might bite some for wider stance on hills. but pending on rims you get, you can normally swap rear tiresand rims (so you keep correct direction of tread) and gain a few extra inches of width.

due to tree's seem a good amount of things for ya... i am wondering why not a 3pt hitch backhoe with a subframe to help deal with stumps? pending on make/model you can get a tractor spefic model that allows you to do a 180 in seat to operate backhoe, vs getting off tractor and hoping onto backhoe seat.

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #16  
First, this just my opinion, take as you will.

I think you are in the right size of tractor, but there are a few brands that won't fit into your parameters.

The Grand L kubots are very nice with great capacities, but very pricey, still worth a look. JD I've found to have very weak loaders, especially in the CUT size. The normal Kubota Ls are not as great hydraulic wise as the GLs. Kioti and LS are known for great hydraulics and features at a lower price point. Mahindra and Yanmar also make good tractors. Dealer wise, if you service it yourself, you should never have to see a dealer for repairs, that's why you get a new tractor. Also, just because the paint is a certain color doesn't mean the tractor is better. All tractor brands have occasional issues, and almost every brand will last quite a while, and with every brand you will get an occasional lemon. Don't pay more just because the tractor is painted a certain color (unless you can't stand the color;)).

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #17  
The Grand L kubots are very nice with great capacities, but very pricey, still worth a look.

If you divide tractor weight by tractor price, calculations reveal that most, not all, of Kubota Grand L price is proportional to weight. The Grand L's have the heaviest frames, axles, Three Point Hitch parts and other chassis components in the Kubota Category I/II lineup.

The Grand Ls are priced higher but the unencumbered operating station, HST Plus transmission and the other de luxe features standard on the Grand Ls increase operator productivity.

(One thing I like better about Kioti NX series, which I checked out thoroughly Tuesday at the Sunbelt Ag Expo in Moultrie, Georgia, is being able to mount/dismount from either side of the open station NX tractors.)

Last edited:
   / Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #18  
Is it true that the kioti's are the only tractors that you can keep working when they go through a regeneration and all others you have to park?

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #19  
No.

My Tier 4 Kubota L3560 can be set to regenerate while you are working if revs are pretty high and one is aware that exhaust will be hot. It also can be set to regenerate parked. There are two regen mode switches, you select which mode you want to perform regen in.

All Kubota Grand L's share a single Operator's Manual, so they all regen in two modes.

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase
Tony (TJP89) you have a Kioti CK35 HST. Am leaning in that direction. How do you like it? I have read that the CK35 has a weak loader. My thought is that if I can get a 4x4x4 pallet of stacked split firewood off the ground and move it without lifting it more than a foot or so, I'm in the right size machine.