looking for quick-adjust check chains

/ looking for quick-adjust check chains #1  

mikedodd

Tractor
Kubota BX2360
I have a Kubota BX2360. Shortly after buying it and joining this forum, I saw an ad or announcement for quick-adjust check chains, but I have lost the information.

Essentially each was a bar sliding in a housing with holes through both for a pin to set the length. The benefit was how quickly and easily they could be adjusted compared to wrenching on a turnbuckle.

Can someone please point me to the vendor who offers these?

Thanks.

--- Mike

/ looking for quick-adjust check chains #2  
They are made Mark Hodge. Email him at markhdg@gmail.com

He makes to order. Had to wait about a month for my set.

/ looking for quick-adjust check chains #3  
Correct nomenclature is: pin-adjustable, rigid, stabilizers.

Mark Hodge produces very high quality replacement stabilizers.

Pin-adjustable stabilizers make mounting 3-Pt. implements sooooo much easier.

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,075
  • B3300SU 001.jpg
    B3300SU 001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 923
Last edited:
   / looking for quick-adjust check chains
They are made Mark Hodge. Email him at markhdg@gmail.com

He makes to order. Had to wait about a month for my set.

Thank you. I discovered an email in my "tractor" folder that has his name (so THAT'S where I put it!).

How well do they work? Is the adjustment increment sufficient to reduce/eliminate implement sway to your satisfaction? I use a finishing mower, and adjust my turnbuckles tight so there's no sway. When mowing our small sloping front yard, I take one swath in reverse to a flower bed at the bottom, then take the next swath forward up the slope. The tight turnbuckles allow me to steer easily while backing. Just wondering if these would work nearly as well.

Thanks for the info.

--- Mike

/ looking for quick-adjust check chains
   / looking for quick-adjust check chains #6  
Thank you. I discovered an email in my "tractor" folder that has his name (so THAT'S where I put it!).

How well do they work? Is the adjustment increment sufficient to reduce/eliminate implement sway to your satisfaction? I use a finishing mower, and adjust my turnbuckles tight so there's no sway. When mowing our small sloping front yard, I take one swath in reverse to a flower bed at the bottom, then take the next swath forward up the slope. The tight turnbuckles allow me to steer easily while backing. Just wondering if these would work nearly as well.

Thanks for the info.

--- Mike
I find them very easy to use. Current I have ballast box and trailer mover for 3pt. Never will go back to turnbuckles on my tractor.

To see if they are tight enough for you check out Kubota BX237 Custom Telescoping Stabilizers - YouTube

/ looking for quick-adjust check chains #7  
Telescoping stabilizers work in "increments" so you'll never be able to get them snug tight like turnbuckles. However, there should always be at least a little slop in the 3-pt, about 1/4" or so. If you make them snug tight in one position, chances are they will bind in another. Leave just enough so you can wiggle/shake the implement side to side.