Looking for some info/advice on a tractor I Inherited (Massey Harris)

/ Looking for some info/advice on a tractor I Inherited (Massey Harris) #31  
Ah, cool thanks.

I'll print that out for reference. Mine leaks if the fuel tank shutoff valve is on, just from gravity pressure, so I'm thinking there's a gasket or seal gone, again, not a carburetor guy, so it will be a learning experience.

-Trev

It'll be a good learning experiance for many of us. That's the great thing about TBN...not only can you learn from what you have to deal with, but you can learn from others experiances also.:thumbsup:

/ Looking for some info/advice on a tractor I Inherited (Massey Harris) #32  
If the carb is gravity fed from the tank and leaks whenever the fuel tank petcock is turned on then I would first suspect a stuck float/float valve in the carb.

/ Looking for some info/advice on a tractor I Inherited (Massey Harris) #33  
Or a float that don't float any more. Happens when it's fluid tight seal is compromised.
It should be somewhat light. If it has significant weight shake it to see if any fluid inside. If so, you must replace or if not available, drill, drain, and repair.