Looking for tractor advice

/ Looking for tractor advice #11  
I found this JCB on craigslist nearby. Looks similar to a deere 410. Can I get your opinion on it and anything I should ask the seller about it?
1973 jcb 3d2

That would have me a bit worried....getting parts might be tough, and it looks like it's seen much better days. I just bought a dozer in similar condition, but only paid $1K for it, and it was literally within a few hundred yards of my house....so I'm not against taking a risk, but realize you may work on it more than use it.

/ Looking for tractor advice #12  
Just my personal opinion here...
If you decide on a backhoe and it is an older machine I would opt for either Cat, Case, or Deere for parts availability...
JCB is a good brand but I am unfamiliar with their parts supply...
You may want to look at renting a stump grinder for your stump removal...
Stumps are buggers to dig out with a back hoe...
You driveway maintenance looks like an on going issue so a tractor in the 40 to 50 HP range with FEL and box blade would be ideal...
You could opt for a back hoe attachment on a 40 to 50 HP tractor but it will be slower than a dedicated back hoe...
I would probably look at renting a back hoe to do the culvert repair and stump grinding...
My long term funding needs would then go towards a utility 40-50 HP tractor with FEL and box blade...

/ Looking for tractor advice #13  
I would be cautious about that "steering needs work" statement. It could have a separate hydraulic pump (most TLB's do) that is going out so it could be a grand or more just in parts. Keep looking and you might find something a bit newer and in better shape. Buying used presents more issues for repair and I certainly wouldn't want to buy something that I had to repair before using. As already stated, look for Case a there will be more parts availability for it. Cat is good but parts will be much higher IMO. 4 WD would be a plus but for those big machines, even 2 WD do a pretty good job.
For terracing, I would look at contracting a dozer. A backhoe can dig and haul ok, but for moving and leveling a large amount of dirt, you cant beat a dozer.
Culvert must have been too small to have washed out. Look at the wash out size and size your culvert accordingly. Put lots of rocks on the upstream side to control the flood water and keep from washing out any more of your road. You may also want to put some larger rocks on top of the roadway, just in case your culvert doesn't contain all the water and it washes over the road. Larger rocks OR a concrete cover will keep the road from washing.