Looking into a CX2510

/ Looking into a CX2510 #1  

js5020

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510, Kubota BX23S, AC5020, JDx300R
I'm looking to upgrade from an AC 5020 and a CX2510 looks to be fairly comparable on the spec sheet but I don't see alot talk on this model here or even ytube other than dealer vids, any owners out there with a review on their purchase of this model?

/ Looking into a CX2510 #2  
There are a number of CX owners here, and they seem to hold their machines in high regard.

I believe @Username Taken is one of them, and may have even posted about his experiences. Though I may have him confused with someone else!

I've got a CK, so not the same machine, but same manufacturer, and I'm very happy with the tractor.

/ Looking into a CX2510 #3  
You're looking at a machine with decades of improvement over your AC; the convenience features alone are going to make life so much easier.

/ Looking into a CX2510 #4  
There are a number of CX owners here, and they seem to hold their machines in high regard.

I believe @Username Taken is one of them, and may have even posted about his experiences. Though I may have him confused with someone else!

I've got a CK, so not the same machine, but same manufacturer, and I'm very happy with the tractor.
A buddy of mine was a real (as opposed to me, a part-time hobby type) farmer at one time who is used to the bigger, older tractors. Loves the Deere 4020 (who doesn't?)

He wasn't too impressed with my CX when I first brought it home but now, he really likes it. He is seriously impressed with it and, trust me, that's saying something.

It has its limits, of course but you need to study up on it and see what its strengths and weakness are. I don't have Mid PTO and never will. I will never, ever, under any circumstances ever, not ever own a MMM (midmountmower). AFAIC, they are the work of the devil himself.

You can get a pull-behind 6 foot finish mower for much less money and they are far superior in every way. And, IMO, you can run a 5 foot Brush Hog with one.

It's not too big, but it's big enough for what I need. It's not too small, but it's small enough to not get in the way and be a general PITA.

/ Looking into a CX2510

I drove both CX and CK at the dealer, the CK was a very nice machine! I liked the wider stance and it had a few more bells and whistles than the CX but the 5k up charge is a deal breaker and I think its bigger than I need.

/ Looking into a CX2510 #6  
I drove both CX and CK at the dealer, the CK was a very nice machine! I liked the wider stance and it had a few more bells and whistles than the CX but the 5k up charge is a deal breaker and I think its bigger than I need.

It certainly is a bigger, heavier machine; if you don't need that difference, then it would be silly to spend the extra money.

Take that extra $5k and put it towards a CX2510 with a cab. 😁

/ Looking into a CX2510
You're looking at a machine with decades of improvement over your AC; the convenience features alone are going to make life so much easier.
Yes many improvements since 1983 when I bought it new. Power steering and HST trans are great for my application, we got spoiled with the purchase of the Kubota BX23s.

/ Looking into a CX2510
It certainly is a bigger, heavier machine; if you don't need that difference, then it would be silly to spend the extra money.

Take that extra $5k and put it towards a CX2510 with a cab. 😁
Cab, yes I didn't mention both machines were cab models. I figured out why the up charge was so much they were quoting a CK20 series and not the CK10 series.

/ Looking into a CX2510
A buddy of mine was a real (as opposed to me, a part-time hobby type) farmer at one time who is used to the bigger, older tractors. Loves the Deere 4020 (who doesn't?)

He wasn't too impressed with my CX when I first brought it home but now, he really likes it. He is seriously impressed with it and, trust me, that's saying something.

It has its limits, of course but you need to study up on it and see what its strengths and weakness are. I don't have Mid PTO and never will. I will never, ever, under any circumstances ever, not ever own a MMM (midmountmower). AFAIC, they are the work of the devil himself.

You can get a pull-behind 6 foot finish mower for much less money and they are far superior in every way. And, IMO, you can run a 5 foot Brush Hog with one.

It's not too big, but it's big enough for what I need. It's not too small, but it's small enough to not get in the way and be a general PITA.
Im with you on the MMM and already have a RMF that both my current machines run fine, actually the AC could do a bigger deck but the smaller BX not so much.

/ Looking into a CX2510 #10  
Cab, yes I didn't mention both machines were cab models. I figured out why the up charge was so much they were quoting a CK20 series and not the CK10 series.

Ah, there we go, they were showing you the new and shiny! I'm not sure I like the giant sticker on the side, but the new grille and headlights look sharp.

That said, I don't know if it's worth the premium over the CK10 though!

CS or CK, you can't go wrong, they're all quite stout, well laid out, and comfortable to operate. Admittedly, my opinion is quite biased. Lol.