Looking to buy my first tractor

/ Looking to buy my first tractor #101  
I bought my Kubota used from an individual and my local Kubota dealer (Pageland South Carolina) treats me great, always have!! Kudos to them!

/ Looking to buy my first tractor #102  
You are lucky to have a good dealer. There have been some that even post on here almost bragging that they treat people who bought elsewhere poorly. I don't understand. Your dealer is smart and sees the value of the relationship.

/ Looking to buy my first tractor #103  
One of the most successful sales people I know quoted this to me: "business goes where it is invited, but stays where it is made to feel welcome."

/ Looking to buy my first tractor #104  
You are lucky to have a good dealer. There have been some that even post on here almost bragging that they treat people who bought elsewhere poorly. I don't understand. Your dealer is smart and sees the value of the relationship.
I agree I am lucky to have a dealer that cares, heck they even did a "house call" once to work on my tractor in my garage and didn't charge any extra for it.

/ Looking to buy my first tractor #105  
Twenty acres with timber – that's awesome! For heavy lifting, dirt work, and all those attachments, a compact tractor is a solid choice.
Twenty acres with timber – that's awesome! For heavy lifting, dirt work, and all those attachments, a compact tractor is a solid choice. I went through a similar process last year, and it's worth taking your time to find the right fit.
Considering the range of tasks, a front-end loader and box blade are essentials. I'm with you on the DEF aspect – simpler is often better. And check this site for truck parts if you need them. Good luck!

/ Looking to buy my first tractor #106  
Some days I will use my tractor for a couple of hours and sure
appreciate the cab with the a/c.. I can see all 4 tires and the
3 ph so no problem seeing anything. I have room under the seat
behind the seat, cup holder and a tray on both sides. Have a handle to get into the cab. All the controls are at your finger tips.
The control handle for the loader is at your finger tips while your
are is resting on the arm rest. I have an insulated bag that I put
water bottles and ice packs behind the seat is I will be more than
an hour using the tractor.

willy

/ Looking to buy my first tractor #107  
I hate the loader control on our little Kubota LX261.

It has a very long stick to the controls. I'll never buy a loader with a fake stick.

I'll take an older loader with the joystick right at the valve.

I've heard of a lot of issues with the long handle stick and with the electric controls. They can be very dangerous.
Might be fine for years, but when they go, you don't know what's going to happen.
The neighbors loader would just randomly drop. Never get under a loader bucket.

Heard a lot of other stories from townships and construction outfits.