Looking to get a tractor transported from FL to MI

/ Looking to get a tractor transported from FL to MI #11  
Awesome thank you!

I'll make sure to keep this thread updated.

I've got it on Uship now. So far the lowest quote is $2750 "all-inclusive" which I would be thrilled with, I'm just not sure who I can trust. I've spoken with a few who called me (apparently Uship gives out your phone number) and I've informed them of the condition and it will likely need to be winched on, which they made sound like it wouldn't be an issue, but I believe I am talking to a broker? Initially, I received quotes of $5 a loaded mile, which I was prepared to pay if needed, so anything under $3 would be awesome.
Those are brokers calling you. The last time I listed something on uship I kept getting phone calls . Uship don't give out your number they goggle and find it. They try and go around uship to keep from paying fee's. If you go through uship you will be covered. But if you except a deal through a individual you better make sure they have insurance.

/ Looking to get a tractor transported from FL to MI #12  
If I were you, I'd get a hold of Tractor House and let their house carriers give you a shipping quote. I've used them in the past and I've never had a bad experience with them. In fact they are very helpful.

/ Looking to get a tractor transported from FL to MI
It's loaded and on it's way back now thanks everyone for the help! I ended up getting the number of a local guy who happened to be down there with an empty trailer and within a few hours of it. My cost is going to be a fair amount more than some of the lower quotes I was given on Uship, but I'm not complaining, it's worth it to me to deal with someone local.

/ Looking to get a tractor transported from FL to MI #14  
It's loaded and on it's way back now thanks everyone for the help! I ended up getting the number of a local guy who happened to be down there with an empty trailer and within a few hours of it. My cost is going to be a fair amount more than some of the lower quotes I was given on Uship, but I'm not complaining, it's worth it to me to deal with someone local.
Peace of mind is a valuable option, warm and fuzzy is worth the additional cost.

/ Looking to get a tractor transported from FL to MI #15  
Those are brokers calling you. The last time I listed something on uship I kept getting phone calls . Uship don't give out your number they goggle and find it. They try and go around uship to keep from paying fee's. If you go through uship you will be covered. But if you except a deal through a individual you better make sure they have insurance.

I've gotten into broker hell before and avoid them with a passion.

In my case I bought a car at an auction across the country. Brokers made me sign an exclusive contract saying they'd pick up the car on X date. And they never picked it up. Meanwhile I was paying storage fees. I ended up scrambling to do a cross country trip to pick it up.

I'm glad the OP found a real contact and a real driver.

I asked one of the local auction houses for a list of drivers they work with, and they provided me a page of about 20 names. I ended up not using them, and using a local company to transport my dozer a couple of miles (which seemed unbelievably expensive). However, I was happy that they did the job, on time, and it turns out that the auction house had given me the wrong model number, so the specs were WAY OFF, and it was still just fine.