Tractor Sizing Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #21  
NOW THOSE ARE A COUPLE OF SERIOUS LOOKING TRACTORS /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920
Thanks for all the good advice! Right now I am a little frustrated. One of my local dealers had offered to get me a TN65D with cab, 4 wheel drive and loader and some extras from another dealer and I said OK its a go! The next day he called me and said the dealer with the tractor refused to let him have it. Next, he said he then called 9 other dealers and they all refused to let him get a tractor for me! Finally one said they were thinking about maybe letting him have the tractor for me. Can you imagine, tractor dealers that don't want to sell or get rid of their tractors! My dealer came up with another offer for me on Friday morning and I said OK and I am still waiting for the answer as to weather he can get the tractor for me! Up here in Northcentral Pa it is all but impossible to even see a selectiion of NH tractors, let alone buy one. The dealers only have one or two on their lot and don't want to sell them. The free financing is over and I couldn't take advantage of it because nobody wanted to sell me a tractor!! How about that! Is the lack of tractors wide spread everywhere or just here in my area? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The free financing is over and I couldn't take advantage of it because nobody wanted to sell me a tractor!! How about that! Is the lack of tractors wide spread everywhere or just here in my area? )</font>
Are you sure the financing is over? Most brands extended again. I haven't checked NH, but make sure before you get too upset about something that will be here again most likely.
As for the dealer's attitudes, I don't know about others, but a lot of the Kioti dealers that come to this site have offered many times to have someone's dealer call them if they need help getting a tractor or attachment. I wonder if there isn't more to this dealer's story than you're getting. Making the tractor sound impossible to get could justify his charging more than you may need to pay. Just a thought, John

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #24  
When I looking to get my TN70DA my dealer didn't have in stock what I wanted. So I had to oder it. I asked if he locate one at another tractor dealer. He said not a really good option. I asked why? He said TNs on dealers lots are rare and when they are the dealers will not trade/sell (what ever they do) with onther dealer. If they do it is usually at a higher price.

So I basically ordered mine. So it was made for me (in Italy) with my options. But the downside.... its August and I'm still waiting /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Hope this make you feel better!

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #25  
Ken, my dealer has 10 or 12 TNs on his lot. I haven't checked the models, but about half of them also have factory cabs. I'm baffled at the problems other dealers have, but there doesn't seem to be a problem here. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #26  
Must be a reginal supply issue.

My local NH dealer has 3 flavors of tractors on his lot.. mahindra, mcormick, and NH.. he has an even dispersion from the tc18 all the way up to a tn65.. and at least a couple of each.

Soundguy

I went to Penn States Ag days. I was in tractor Heaven! There had to be close to 1000 tractors there. I talked to the New Holland reps. They were terrific. I told them about my problems getting a TN and they said that the TN tractor has been so popular that most units are sold out in this area of PA. I told them about the end of free financing and my inabliity to find a tractor. My local dealer finally located one and got it shipped up from LA and New Holland is going to give me free financing because of my trouble! The reps are great people! Now I have to wait for the loader to find its way from the factory to my dealer. Hopefully the tractor will be delivered by next weekend. Buying a tractor today is no simple task. Twenty years ago you went to the dealer, walked out and looked at the complete line of tractors and picked the one you wanted from the numerous choices he had on his lot. Today in Northcentral Pa many dealers have closed and if you can find a dealer, you are lucky to find more than one or two new tractors on their lot. No wonder the off brand tractors are beginning to appear everywhere. The big name manufactures and their lack of inventory has created this situation and the market is open for anyone that can fill in the void.

Tomorrow is "D"(delivery) day ! I went to the local dealership on Friday and did the paperwork. The people at Allegheny Tractor Supply( Marion Center, PA) were super! The loader was finally put on my tractor and after testing on Monday Am the tractor will be delivered in the late afternoon! I am getting a New Holland TN65D 4wd with cab and FEL. The tractor has the biggest wheels and AG tires on it. I have rear wheel weights ordered. I am not sure about the transmission. The guy at the dealership said it had the 16x16 syncro transmission. Is this the mechanical or power shift ? Did I make the right choice? Does anyone out there have this transmission? Does the cab have a radio in it? I will post pics ASAP I think this tractor will be definitely be going up a few sizes from my 1920 ! I hope it will be as reliable and easy to use as my 1920. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #29  
Sounds like you are getting a caddilac ... have fun, be safe, and enjoy!

Soundguy

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #30  
Lack of inventory is because of strong sales. My NH dealer no sooner gets tractors in and they are sold. Actually a lot are sold before they show up as farmers will buy them as soon as they get a serial number. It is hard to build an inventory when sales are as strong as they currently are. Winter is when they catch up some. Right now my dealer has two TL 100A's on their lot. One is sold and the other might be. If it isn't in the next few days I will be demoing it to see how it handles my baler. These tractors have only been here a couple weeks (actually the one has only been here one week). They do have some TN's here but they are 2wd. They can not keep the TS-A's in stock. It is a problem I would want to have. As soon as your inventory shows up it is out the door. Best time to buy is in the winter. Dealers want to deal more and they have a chance to build their inventory as sales slow down.