Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040...

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #11  
I haven't had anything of this nature Sam. I do recall a thread here where someone with this model had some unexplained noise related to the hydraulic lines.

I'll try to search for that.

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #12  
Sam, here is the thread I was referring to.

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040...
Sam, here is the thread I was referring to.

Very kind of you helping me out Canotrpr! Well they talked about "clunking sound" I dont have that sound. First time I heard "my sound"it was when I shot of the tractor for the first time, as the engine stalled the squeek sound came just before the engine stopped turning.

It really sounds like hydralic sound, the sound comes from the area underneith the foot-area.

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #14  
Sam are you familiar with how the hydraulics sound like when they are used beyond their limits and squeal? Is it the same/similar?

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #15  
Ok Tom I will have that in mind.
This might sound crazy....but I read that the M7040 are turbocharged and my manual says "check turbocharger every 3000hours" but I dont have any turbocharger on my M7040....The tractor are from 2009.
:confused2:

U sure about that? turbo close up.jpg

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040...
Yepp no turbo! Well it seems to work very well without... strong and responsive on the throttle. But I miss the turbo wissle.

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #17  
Not sure of the years, but that tractor was made without a turbo to meet the tier II emissions standards. It got the turbo to meet the interim tier IV.

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #18  
Sam - Is the transmission in neutral when it makes the noise ? Is the shuttle in neutral? Next time it makes the noise try pushing the clutch pedal to see if the noise is affected. If there is no effect, try shifting the shuttle into forward or reverse (with trans still in neutral). Finally, put the transmission in a gear and then engage the shuttle in forward or reverse. If any of these affects the noise it should narrow it down.

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #19  
Sam - Is the transmission in neutral when it makes the noise ? Is the shuttle in neutral? Next time it makes the noise try pushing the clutch pedal to see if the noise is affected. If there is no effect, try shifting the shuttle into forward or reverse (with trans still in neutral). Finally, put the transmission in a gear and then engage the shuttle in forward or reverse. If any of these affects the noise it should narrow it down.

I know this is a very old thread, but my new 7040 appears to be doing the same thing. I wondered if Samofsweden had found out the cause. It is a very loud, high-pitched screech that only occurs when the tractor is warmed up and only in idle to half-throttle. Increasing the throttle makes it go away. To answer rbargeron, none of those things seems to affect it. Because it is so loud,it is difficult to isolate, but it kind of seems like it is coming from the front of the engine. It doesn't sound like a loose belt noise.

So now I have two strange noises coming from my new $35000 machine. I'm glad there is a warranty...

/ Loud squeeeek noice on my new M7040... #20  
Funny story - I got my 7040 back from the dealer yesterday. I had told them what I said here - basically a very loud screech at idle. First thing I noticed was that it was idling higher - around 1000 rpm. I started to use it and, what do you know, as soon as it got up to operating temp, it began screeching. So, problem not fixed. Called the dealer and spoke to the mechanic. I asked him what he had done. I kid you not, his solution to the problem was to increase the idle speed! "Well, it made the noise go away", he said (except it didn't)

I know many of you have dealers that you like. I, for one, am regretting giving these goofballs my business (there have been other very unsatisfying interactions with them in the very short time I have had this tractor.)

Another thing I discovered yesterday. If it is screeching, it goes away if I put the shuttle in forward but shift the gear shift to neutral. That is what I ended up doing yesterday when I had to keep it idling for more than a few seconds. Is it possible that there could be some kind of hydraulic relief valve that is staying open?