Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted

/ Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted #11  
I guess that "you don't miss what you never had" holds true on this one. I've always had "normal" trailers, so I wouldn't know. ;)
Understood, kind of like having power windows,mirrors and back up cams on a pickup. i like roll up windows, manual locks and no carpet on my trucks. Seriously though if you haul alot, the pierced beam trailer is lower. Its alot easier to reach and tiedown on, center of gravity etc. If you consider air drag on what you are hauling, especially if its tractors and equipment, it will save alot more than 500.00 in fuel alone on life of trailer.

/ Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted #12  
My 30 we built is 33" deck and I really like the low height. The biggest is when hauling wagons and other large items its the difference from hitting power lines and bridges 12.5 tall vs 13 has saved me many accidents. $500 on a $10,000 trailer well worth the money.
Only time I don't like it is changing tires as it is tight.

/ Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted
another difference is load angle at the ramp...

This is the main reason Im checking into a low profile. I purchased a 10" drag type Rhino shredder at my dealership. They loaded it on a borrowed flat deck trailer with a very large forklift. They loaded it so that I could back onto the trailer, hook it to my tractor and pull it off. I hooked to it, but had a very difficult time driving it off, because it kept wanting to hang up at the angle from bed to ramp. I was hoping a low profile would be an improvement here.

/ Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted #14  
This is the main reason Im checking into a low profile. I purchased a 10" drag type Rhino shredder at my dealership. They loaded it on a borrowed flat deck trailer with a very large forklift. They loaded it so that I could back onto the trailer, hook it to my tractor and pull it off. I hooked to it, but had a very difficult time driving it off, because it kept wanting to hang up at the angle from bed to ramp. I was hoping a low profile would be an improvement here.

I am thinking you mean 10' wide?
What are your plans with hauling this? tractor also? Sorry but we need all detials to help on advice. I guess what I mean is, i am guessing they brought to you on trailer? you backed tractor to hook to it and it drug? You are going to haul it how?

/ Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted
Yes, I would like to be able to haul my 7710 Ford tractor hooked to my 10' Rhino shredder, or my 8' offset disk. I would like to be able to get on and off the trailer without dragging anything. I was thinking the lesser angle of the ramp on a low pro would help with this.

/ Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted #16  
Yes, I would like to be able to haul my 7710 Ford tractor hooked to my 10' Rhino shredder, or my 8' offset disk. I would like to be able to get on and off the trailer without dragging anything. I was thinking to the lesser angle of the ramp on a low pro would help with this.

Only thing I can suggest is to check with the trailer MFG see what the ground clearance to frame is. Honestly, no one on the board can tell you that. To haul 10' wide load in Tx will take a permit, for that matter same in any other state. I think the lo pro will help on angle, but you need to check with MFG on the trailer you want to buy. Trailers are built different is my point, just depends on MFG. On the plus side from what I have seen on the board, Texas is a cheaper place to find one.

/ Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted #17  
. . . To haul 10' wide load in Tx will take a permit, for that matter same in any other state. . .

Yep, if you haul it, you will have to have a permit.

If you drive it, no permit. Farm equipment is exempt if driven on public roads.

/ Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted #18  
What about a trailer like this? Can get with 3 axles of needed for more capacity and lengths like you need, Drive over fenders and 102" wide in front and rear of fenders. Definetly would be lower than a pierced beam. A dove tail and longer than stock ramps should achieve the angle you need. On mine, the 3 point lifts the disc higher than the fenders. Just an idea
low-profile-1.jpg

/ Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted #19  
IF you like drive over fenders.... i personally don't.. but that's me..

/ Low profile (pierced beam) or standard ??????? opinions wanted #20  
+1 vote for the low profile. 3-4" doesn't sound like much till your teetering on the tip over point or loading slightly off level. Its alot easier getting on and off the deck for running chains and tightening binders. If your worried about the tail dragging. I would reccomend looking at a Moritz trailer. The beaver tail levels out. I do not mean fold flat ramps. I mean the tail adjusts from perfectly level flat deck to a beaver tail for loading equipment. I personally think its priceless to have a "dual" use trailer to haul tractors and square bales where every flat surface is used.