Low transmission fluid, did it cause damage?

/ Low transmission fluid, did it cause damage? #11  
I ran my 2305 that way also. I also was 3 quarts low. The dealer told me that the technician probably did not top off the fluid after the installation of the FEL. They gave me a gallon of the hydro fluid and as I said it took 3 quarts to get it to 1/2 to 3/4 in the sight glass. They told me that it shouldn't have damaged anything, just very noisy. There was still plenty of oil to keep it from overheating. Make sure though that you are on level ground, all implements are down and it has rested 1 hour before checking the oil level in the sight glass.

/ Low transmission fluid, did it cause damage? #12  
Good advice (mostly) so far!

Be sure that you are level, with the loader down and bucket flat on the ground. I have almost panicked thinking I 'd lost my oil, only to realize the tractor was on a slope. Actually I don't HAVE a level spot...

/ Low transmission fluid, did it cause damage?
Thank you all for your posts, it sounds like the consensus is that there was probably no damage done so I feel better.

I called the dealer today to let them know that I was 3 quarts low and I mentioned that they may want to check the fluids on future sales. They apologized, end of story.