LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal?

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #21  
No I don't think it has the coast down feature, but to tell you the truth I don't really know. No one said anything about it when I bought it, and I really don't think I have ever really watched it after I have turned it off. I guess I am no help there, but I know I will be watching this summer when I turn the brush hog off for sure I am sure it must have some type of coast atleast with the brush hog that's a lot of moving weight to just slam off all at once. Now why did you have to bring that up all I am going to do is wonder tillthen.:laughing:

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #22  
The LS tractors all have coast down feature. It is designed into them. We didn't call it that back when we sold tractors. I like the flexability of shutting the pto off on the go. Very handy when baling and wanting to make a tight turn. I thiink their 3010 and 3040 gear models use a clutch pedal with a two stage clutch. Don't know if they have them in hydro, as they were seriously considering it in 2010.

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #23  
The LS tractors all have coast down feature. It is designed into them. We didn't call it that back when we sold tractors. I like the flexability of shutting the pto off on the go. Very handy when baling and wanting to make a tight turn. I thiink their 3010 and 3040 gear models use a clutch pedal with a two stage clutch. Don't know if they have them in hydro, as they were seriously considering it in 2010.

Thanks now I don't have to worry about till I use it again. All I could remember was that when I hook up an implement to the PTO I can't turn the shaft on the tractor I have to lift the implement and turn it, so I really didn't know about the coast.

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #24  

Hey Trac,

You're right, my S3010 has a two-stage foot clutch for PTO engagement, but I was not aware of it having a "coast down" PTO. Heard about the possibility of seriously damaging a tractor with a "live" type PTO if the engine were to suddenly die with the PTO engaged. That scared me enough to invest in an overrun clutch. Is it unnecessary due to the PTO coast down feature on all LS tractors? It wasn't expensive, but it does extend the PTO shaft out about 4-5", which I wouldn't want to do if there is no reason to do so.

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal?
Hi guesseral, Can you give me more details on your Montana R4944? HST? year? serial number etc. anything will help to ID how your pto is set up. I can give this info to my LS dealer and see if he can tell if you have coast down on pto. My LS dealer is incredibly :cool:knowledgeable on all things tractor. Don't :(worry if your pto has lasted this long it will likely last a :thumbsup:bit longer even without coast feature. How many hours and what type of work do you do with your R4944?
Solinski

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #26  
Any two stage clutch system has the coast down feature, as long as you push the clutch pedal all the way down, or disconnect the manuel shift lever for the pto. If the engine suddenly dies, it doesn't work unless you push the clutch pedal all the way down. Running an overrunning clutch isn't a bad idea. If it's working for you, leave it. In the hydro, the pto will stop much quicker than a gear drive.

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #27  
If the engine suddenly dies, it doesn't work unless you push the clutch pedal all the way down. Running an overrunning clutch isn't a bad idea.

OK, guess I misunderstood what was meant by the term "coast down". Yeah, that's why I got it: in case the engine dies or I forget to disengage the PTO before shutting down. Appreciate the info -- thanks.

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #28  
Hi guesseral, Can you give me more details on your Montana R4944? HST? year? serial number etc. anything will help to ID how your pto is set up. I can give this info to my LS dealer and see if he can tell if you have coast down on pto. My LS dealer is incredibly :cool:knowledgeable on all things tractor. Don't :(worry if your pto has lasted this long it will likely last a :thumbsup:bit longer even without coast feature. How many hours and what type of work do you do with your R4944?
Solinski

Well thanks. It's an 09 shuttle shift **** if I know the serial number. I do hogging tilling grading loader work well many other things. I'm not really worried about the PTO if it didn't have some kind of coast tp it I would most diffinitaly know it when I turned off the brush hog. Oh I think I ahve like 165 hours or so on it now.